Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
I just noticed when the phone was plugged in it still establishes a wireless wifi connection. I turned off wireless app projection. Now its only talking over the cable. Will try some calls soon and advise if that does the trick.
I tried that before. No luck
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I tried the cable as well and it may be slightly better but still drops and reconnects.... Uggg.
Sometimes that's the USB cable itself. Some are only charger cables and don't handle the high data throughput of AA well. You'll see that in Amazon comments for many shorter USB cables.

I tried 3 of my cables, and only 1 of the 3 works for AA.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While this article is for Mac's, it speaks to the difference between good USB-C cables designed for high data throughput (like Android Auto) vs lesser ones really just designed for charging.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/08/22/how-to-choose-a-usb-c-cable/

This was all a surprise to me. I though a USB cable was a USB cable, until I went to buy a shorter one from Amazon to keep in the car, and read the comments on so many saying they didn't work for AA. Then I tried 3 of my own I had laying around as a test (only 1 worked).

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
While this article is for Mac's, it speaks to the difference between good USB-C cables designed for high data throughput (like Android Auto) vs lesser ones really just designed for charging.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/08/22/how-to-choose-a-usb-c-cable/

This was all a surprise to me. I though a USB cable was a USB cable, until I went to buy a shorter one from Amazon to keep in the car, and read the comments on so many saying they didn't work for AA. Then I tried 3 of my own I had laying around as a test (only 1 worked).
for a while, there was a Google engineer that was testing every cable on Amazon, because so many were dodgy:

Google engineer leaves scathing reviews of dodgy USB Type-C cables on Amazon | Ars Technica

OP
OP
Benjamin Kegele

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
for me it does not make a difference, I tried 2 different cables. It stops playing music as soon I unplug, but it still drops bluetooth phone calls.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I had a weird thing happen with Bluetooth. Everything was going great until I used my wireless Apple earbuds when I took the puppies for a walk. Then I could not get the Bluetooth to sync up to the car again. Anyone else have this issue? any ideas how to head this problem off?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I had a weird thing happen with Bluetooth. Everything was going great until I used my wireless Apple earbuds when I took the puppies for a walk. Then I could not get the Bluetooth to sync up to the car again. Anyone else have this issue? any ideas how to head this problem off?
did you try toggling Bluetooth in Control Center (*)? sometimes that can kick things in the butt enough.

(*) I think that's what it's called on iOS? the flyout area with the shortcuts for these kinds of things?

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
did you try toggling Bluetooth in Control Center (*)? sometimes that can kick things in the butt enough.

(*) I think that's what it's called on iOS? the flyout area with the shortcuts for these kinds of things?
I will give that a try. Thanks

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I wonder, if anyone ever found a solution on this?
The only solution I found was to log off or Force Close FordPass. Not ideal but that worked for me. I can make and receive phone calls with confidence now.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I will give that a try. Thanks
So I ended up doing what you suggested and that didn't quite do it. So then I turned Bluetooth off and on at the phone, and resigned in. It worked, but I haven't tried using my Bluetooth earbuds again yet. Ah these first world problems. \_?_/

OP
OP
Benjamin Kegele

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I took my phone to samsung and T-Mobile, they all say my phone is ok. The dealer blames android aut, eventhough I have the same issues with or without android auto.

Right now I am lost. All phone calls lose the bluetooth connection. Wired in or not. I tried 3 different wires. One was a wire which is rated with the 3.2 10gb/s speed not sure if thats the best, but it was the best I could find.

OP
OP
Benjamin Kegele

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bluetooth issues part 3

So as some might now. My Samsung s21 and MME do not like each other.

Initial issue was, that the Bluetooth would drop when listening to music or talking on the phone about every 3 min. No matter if I am plugged in with a high and USB cord, use android auto or deactivate android auto and use just no cord.

I had my car at the dealer, they blamed my "outdated" phone. I got all updates on the phone and on the car.

I went to Samsung repair and to T Mobile customer service. Did countless resets attempts on the phone and on the car. With all the same result. I switched phones with my wife, where I gave a factory reset on both S21's and still the same.

Now I found out, if I have no key activated in the fordpass app. Then it works just fine, but I need to use the fob instead of Paak.
Finally I can listen to music and talknon the phone to people while driving. Took me only 7 weeks to find that out.
Cross fingers that it will last for the next few trips. So far so good for the last 75 miles

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have an S21 Ultra, and have PAAK setup. I use Wireless AA all the time. I have had it drop a few times and not want to re-connect.

One thing to note, You can't have the Bluetooth connected, AND Android Auto at the same time. If android auto is running, it will kill the bluetooth connection. And if you go to the "phone" app on the MME, it will say to use Android Auto for these features. Android Auto wireless does not use bluetooth except for the initial connection, then switches to wifi.

If you go to your phone lists, and choose your phone, you will see two options on the phone. Connect Bluetooth Multimedia, or connect wireless android auto. This is where you can choose which mode it goes into. It will stick with the last one you used.

OP
OP
Benjamin Kegele

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have an S21 Ultra, and have PAAK setup. I use Wireless AA all the time. I have had it drop a few times and not want to re-connect.

One thing to note, You can't have the Bluetooth connected, AND Android Auto at the same time. If android auto is running, it will kill the bluetooth connection. And if you go to the "phone" app on the MME, it will say to use Android Auto for these features. Android Auto wireless does not use bluetooth except for the initial connection, then switches to wifi.

If you go to your phone lists, and choose your phone, you will see two options on the phone. Connect Bluetooth Multimedia, or connect wireless android auto. This is where you can choose which mode it goes into. It will stick with the last one you used.
For whatever reason, when I am on Android auto and do a phone call or listen to music the connection will drop and it will say phone not found Bluetooth connection missing.
But only when I have a key setup in the app. No matter if I am actually logged into the app or not.
Sponsored