Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
My Grabber Blue caliper paint job is holding up well at the 6 months mark.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Brake caliper show and tell.... IMG_3549
Sponsored

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Well done, Lynsey! A real eye-catcher and professional job on all customization. Great color combo.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Well done, Lynsey! A real eye-catcher and professional job on all customization. Great color combo.
Thanks! I like it. Glad to have it back.

KidGalahad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
Since there was a little convo here about brake bleeding, I wanted to share my experience in case it comes up for someone else.
For starters, I know nothing about brakes, this was all done by a local shop. I had my calipers powder coated, and they decided to bleed the brakes. They didnt have the proper electronic/computer tools, and it started throwing all sorts of warnings upon start. Brake warning, hill start assist warning, pre-collision assist not available, plus about 4 others. Basically, the car is drivable, but only 2 brakes are working, and none of the driver assist functions work, such as one pedal mode, drive mode, cruise control, etc. They called a local Ford place, and are taking it there on Monday.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge on terminology and such, but hopefully the basic story makes sense.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Since there was a little convo here about brake bleeding, I wanted to share my experience in case it comes up for someone else.
For starters, I know nothing about brakes, this was all done by a local shop. I had my calipers powder coated, and they decided to bleed the brakes. They didnt have the proper electronic/computer tools, and it started throwing all sorts of warnings upon start. Brake warning, hill start assist warning, pre-collision assist not available, plus about 4 others. Basically, the car is drivable, but only 2 brakes are working, and none of the driver assist functions work, such as one pedal mode, drive mode, cruise control, etc. They called a local Ford place, and are taking it there on Monday.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge on terminology and such, but hopefully the basic story makes sense.
It does. Thanks for sharing.
The hydraulic brake system on this vehicle is very unique and requires a special procedure for service. Generally speaking, it shouldn't ever need service because the brakes should last the life of the vehicle in many cases.

However, if you take them apart for some other reason, then you will need the tools and software to put it back together properly.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Are you shitting me! I always do my own brakes. No way in hell I’m taking it somewhere.
I seriously doubt you'll ever need to replace rotors or pads.... at least not if you primarily use 1-p regen braking.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
It does. Thanks for sharing.
The hydraulic brake system on this vehicle is very unique and requires a special procedure for service. Generally speaking, it shouldn't ever need service because the brakes should last the life of the vehicle in many cases.

However, if you take them apart for some other reason, then you will need the tools and software to put it back together properly.
I do love the idea of custom powder coat on calipers... but the complexity of the removal/replace, and bleed stopped me in my tracks. I *may* go for a 'paint-in-place', but unlikely to go for the full powercoat like the OP did here.... despite the awesome color. ;)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I seriously doubt you'll ever need to replace rotors or pads.... at least not if you primarily use 1-p regen braking.
I use 2PD and the brakes are barely worn. Almost 38k miles I think....
I don't think I will ever have to replace the pads unless I keep the car for 10 or 12 years that is....and even then....still not sure about that.
Sponsored