OP
OP

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Update:Second tow truck arrived and grinded the car all the way on the tow bed, get to the dealer about 36 miles away that was closer to my home and he pulls off the tow bed no problem, brakes are working again. Auto Hold malfunction went away but the parking brake malfunction is still there and im taking it to the dealer Tuesday.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Update:Second tow truck arrived and grinded the car all the way on the tow bed, get to the dealer about 36 miles away that was closer to my home and he pulls off the tow bed no problem, brakes are working again. Auto Hold malfunction went away but the parking brake malfunction is still there and im taking it to the dealer Tuesday.
So the operator dragged the car up onto the flatbed? Front wheels rolled but rear wheels locked solid? Definately take it in to get looked at when you can.

OP
OP

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
So the operator dragged the car up onto the flatbed? Front wheels rolled but rear wheels locked solid? Definately take it in to get looked at when you can.
Im not sure which ones were locked but you could hear loud grinding and screeching. I'm just happy right now because of course the dealer had no loaners and couldn't look at it till Tuesday. I was fucked if it hadn't started moving.

Jim622

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
District service manager with 50 plus years in the field
Country flag
The brakes are fine now?

lanebk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NQY 2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
AH64LCT Test
Country flag
At 77 mi on my car, the park brake refused to release and a svs error was reported. Ford pass reported a power train malfunction/reduce power error. I waited a day, the error remained. I was able to get the car into neutral long enough to get it out of the garage to the tow truck before the park brake re-engaged. Fortunately, the tow truck driver and I were able to get it up on the truck. The driver put some plastic wedges under the rear wheels so they weren't damaged.

The dealer says it requires a transmission shift module replacement. No idea when it will arrive. When I know more, I'll post an update.

OP
OP

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
At 77 mi on my car, the park brake refused to release and a svs error was reported. Ford pass reported a power train malfunction/reduce power error. I waited a day, the error remained. I was able to get the car into neutral long enough to get it out of the garage to the tow truck before the park brake re-engaged. Fortunately, the tow truck driver and I were able to get it up on the truck. The driver put some plastic wedges under the rear wheels so they weren't damaged.

The dealer says it requires a transmission shift module replacement. No idea when it will arrive. When I know more, I'll post an update.
Was it freezing where you live?

lanebk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
AH64LCT Test
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Wintersmache

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E - on order
Country flag
This sounds exactly like what happened to my husband on New Year's Eve. He went to pull the car out of the garage, but the car would not move. It shifted into reverse. He could hit the gas, but nothing happened. He absolutely did not have the parking brake on. Finally, when he had me come see what was happening, he tried again, and the car gave way with a big thump. Then, when he drove away, it made a scraping thunk sound every time the tire revolved.

We put it on a tow truck and sent it to the dealer... once they drove it, nothing. No noise. No faults. They can not replicate the problem. It's frustrating. My guess is that the hour ride to the dealer dislodged whatever was stuck.

If they cannot find anything to fix - we can't help but wonder if it will happen again and where will we be!!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
This sounds exactly like what happened to my husband on New Year's Eve. He went to pull the car out of the garage, but the car would not move. It shifted into reverse. He could hit the gas, but nothing happened. He absolutely did not have the parking brake on. Finally, when he had me come see what was happening, he tried again, and the car gave way with a big thump. Then, when he drove away, it made a scraping thunk sound every time the tire revolved.

We put it on a tow truck and sent it to the dealer... once they drove it, nothing. No noise. No faults. They can not replicate the problem. It's frustrating. My guess is that the hour ride to the dealer dislodged whatever was stuck.

If they cannot find anything to fix - we can't help but wonder if it will happen again and where will we be!!
That was an issue on early job 1 cars. The brake pads would stick to the rotor and a piece would break off causing the once per rotation noise you describe. Drive it enough and the piece stuck to the rotor gets scraped off and no more noise. There is a TSB for it. That should be easy to diagnose simply by removing the rear wheels and caliper.

MangoTango

First Name
Mangesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
I had a similar problem last week. My MME is 6 month old with 3500 miles on it. I had a normal run the night before but then the morning when I backed my car out the garage, I could hear a thumping/knocking sound every time the tire made a rotation. While driving the sound became louder. I took it straight to the dealer (3 miles away) at very low speeds. The dealer called back and said the left rear rotor had a lot of brake dust buildup which was causing the friction when tire rotated and thus the sound. Per him, that was because I only use the e-pedal feature and would rarely hit the brake pedal. The dealer said I must switch between e-pedal on and off once in a while so the braking action would dust-off any build up. As a precaution, the dealer replaced both the rear hubs and brake pads 🙄

hope this helps.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I had a similar problem last week. My MME is 6 month old with 3500 miles on it. I had a normal run the night before but then the morning when I backed my car out the garage, I could hear a thumping/knocking sound every time the tire made a rotation. While driving the sound became louder. I took it straight to the dealer (3 miles away) at very low speeds. The dealer called back and said the left rear rotor had a lot of brake dust buildup which was causing the friction when tire rotated and thus the sound. Per him, that was because I only use the e-pedal feature and would rarely hit the brake pedal. The dealer said I must switch between e-pedal on and off once in a while so the braking action would dust-off any build up. As a precaution, the dealer replaced both the rear hubs and brake pads 🙄

hope this helps.
As usual, the dealer is clueless. Turning off 1PD won’t make the car stop using regenerative braking, and therefore, won’t clean the rotors. It’s a good idea to shift to Neutral before braking to clean the rotors every once in a while.

lanebk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
AH64LCT Test
Country flag
This sounds a lot like the parking park won’t disengage. I had that issue in February 2021. It was an intermittent communication error. Ford replaced the rear drive unit so they could diagnose the problem. Hopefully my brake failure identified what is needed for yours.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...vb-followed-by-stuck-in-park.3490/post-112892
That is what I'm waiting on now. They tried replacing just a harness, which cleared up some codes, but created others. Now I'm waiting for a new rear drive Assembly to arrive. Do you happen to remember how long it took for it to be shipped?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That is what I'm waiting on now. They tried replacing just a harness, which cleared up some codes, but created others. Now I'm waiting for a new rear drive Assembly to arrive. Do you happen to remember how long it took for it to be shipped?
About 3 days but things were different during those early deliveries.
Sponsored