Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I ordered my second MME on 07/6/2020 so I figured I would not see it until June. I got the email it will be produced on 01/25. That is a VERY quick turn around.
I think one of the things we are seeing is the large number of folks with reservations who have not yet converted those to orders. The last we heard from Ford, reservation holders have until the end of the year to convert. However, it appears that they will be scheduled behind all of those who have already committed to orders. They'll probably see their cars by summer.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I think one of the things we are seeing is the large number of folks with reservations who have not yet converted those to orders. The last we heard from Ford, reservation holders have until the end of the year to convert. However, it appears that they will be scheduled behind all of those who have already committed to orders. They'll probably see their cars by summer.
I agree but this was a new order in late July. I should have said my reservation was July. It went automatically from reservation to order when I did it. In short reservation date=order date.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
It truly makes me wonder how the orders are put in place as I have the exact same car choices but I reserved my mach e in February and placed my order August 31 but I got a build day of Jan 25th. Mind you I am in Austin TX

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
It truly makes me wonder how the orders are put in place as I have the exact same car choices but I reserved my mach e in February and placed my order August 31 but I got a build day of Jan 25th. Mind you I am in Austin TX
my second MME is the same week and I am in SoCal. Interesting. Ford must be escalating the amount of cars being produced

OP
OP

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
He meant 11/19/19. We haven’t had 11/19/20 yet!
So he reserved before you and got build date before you

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
You may be on to something - otherwise no way late orders are getting earlier production dates

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I would say for the reservation number in 7xxx its a late build date - we have seen much later reservations scheduled in Dec and Jan.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
reservation:293xx
Dec 27 2019
order date:6/27/2020
build date week of 1/4/2021

Premium ER RWD Rapid Red

frumple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Reserved online night of 11/17/19
Order "request date" online 7/27/2020
number 100055XX
scheduled to be built the week of February 15 2021 via Ford e-mail 11/5/2020.
Northern VA
Premium ER AWD Infinite Blue

Seems like order date is more important than anything. While I would have preferred getting the car in 2020, I didn't want a first couple weeks car. So my hunch of to wait a while went my desire.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag