machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
@dtbaker61 -- "Inventory manager" is the key to getting your VIN. Ask your contact at the dealer to query the inventory manager for your VIN and scheduled build date.
Agreed, there is even a step forward.

Dealers will vary like coffee varies from supplier to supplier, some are willing to help and some can't be bothered. I have been very lucky since asking for another rep to help, the new rep has been willing to send me the dealer info updates whenever asked. What I am showing here is something every dealer has access to. If one gets the cold shoulder, just show them this and tell them nicely to get the same for you.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Build date Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 5.18.53 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The DC fast charger you want the dealer to have is likely 6 figures once the installation is factored in.
Not likely. Guaranteed 6 figures. The least expensive DCFC station over 50kW that I am aware of was $150k installed.

Boomerdawg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250 Lariat, 2017 Fusion Titanium Energi
Country flag
Reservation date Nov 18, 2019, Reservation # 10010081 , Order date 06-30-2020, order #10010081 . RWD ER Premium, Infinite Blue. I received a build date of 12-21-2020 on October 22. On Dec. 04, 2020, I received notice that the build date had pushed back to Jan 04, 2021. My location is in Tampa, FL. I called customer service and was given the VIN # a couple weeks ago. This response is just for an FYI, for those that are tracking these things.

Last edited:

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
Reservation date Nov 18, 2019, Reservation # 10010081 , Order date 06-30-2020, order #10081 . RWD ER Premium, Infinite Blue. I received a build date of 12-21-2020 on October 22. On Dec. 04, 2020, I received notice that the build date had pushed back to Jan 04, 2021. My location is in Tampa, FL. I called customer service and was given the VIN # a couple weeks ago. This response is just for an FYI, for those that are tracking these things.
My build date just moved to Jan 4 from Dec 27. My first build date given was December 20. So I assume they are having significant production problems. Red Premium AWD/LR.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My build date just moved to Jan 4 from Dec 27. My first build date given was December 20. So I assume they are having significant production problems. Red Premium AWD/LR.
I doubt the date moving around says "they are having significant production problems", backlog of built cars in a lot yes, however we have not heard about real production problems. If anything they are ahead of schedule, just need to get them shipping at this point. Given the current times, I am sure delays are the new norm especially when lots of resources are involved. We are really close, give Ford and the factory a break or chance before making any assumptions. Your date has not even passed yet, I was given 12/6 and things are moving along just fine.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Build date slipped from 1/17 to 1/24. Florida.

Screenshot_20201213-185526.png

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But you really don't know the ratio of people who plug in and don't check in on plugshare vs those who do.

In the early EV days I'm sure there was more people checking in than not but as more EV's become available I'm sure the ratio has fallen and will continue to fall.

Especially at a dealer's charger as the dealer may plug into it all the time without ever checking in. (I know extreme example since the dealer may not sell many EV's and thus may not need to plug in much--unless a member of the staff has an EV.)
Yeah I've wondered about that too, and how representative Plugshare is (or isn't).

Still though, I'd guess they're rarely used by customers. Maybe more likely by a dealership employee, or rogue employee of a business next door that's milking it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If anything they are ahead of schedule, just need to get them shipping at this point.
Production is behind schedule at this point. Supply chains are not stretched to the breaking point, they’ve broken. Ford is doing well to keep thing moving in the proper direction and to actually try to get back on schedule.

The old logistics adage of “Just in Time?” Yeah, that’s so 2019.

And yes, they do need to ship, but that’s more than a minor issue atm.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Note: @Administrator posted this over on the Tracking and Status thread:

Hi all - we've just updated the tracker sheet with two additional columns for "Actual Build Date" and "Actual Delivery Date"

Please continue to use the Change Request Form to provide this information once you receive it and we will update it on the tracker. ?

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
I doubt the date moving around says "they are having significant production problems", backlog of built cars in a lot yes, however we have not heard about real production problems. If anything they are ahead of schedule, just need to get them shipping at this point. Given the current times, I am sure delays are the new norm especially when lots of resources are involved. We are really close, give Ford and the factory a break or chance before making any assumptions. Your date has not even passed yet, I was given 12/6 and things are moving along just fine.
hope your car got built per 12/6 week.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
My build date was updated to the week of 1/24 and I now was able to pull a window sticker.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Build date MME Window Sticker VIN Redacted.JPG

Has anyone noticed that when you scan the QR code in the Fuel Economy section... that it works now and the Mach E is listed? Just for fun I compared it to the ID4, Tesla, and Bolt. Its cool that everything is lining up!

Hopefully in a week I'll be reporting back that it has been built and awaiting shipping.

Things are getting exciting!

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey guys good news for the Quebec people. The government his finally going back on their decision to not give the incentives of $8,000 to the Premium with AWD with or without the big battery. So they decided to give it to those who have ordered their Premium MME before Jan 14 the date they change the rules on the program site. It's up to Ford Canada now to adjust their offer so the MSRP will be under $60,000 with AWD. Easy just make the Drive Assist 360 2.0 which includes Drive Assist 360 2.0 prep kit and the Park Assist features optional. FINALLY I got some info my build date was on dec 21 but was move Jan 9 and delivery is expected within the next 3 weeks . It is now in transit and it is indicating Tansit date 46 for whatyever that means but I don't care now we got the incentives and the car is coming. :) :) :) ?
Sponsored