First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag
Lemon law buy back
Did you go through Ford or have to go through the BBB? I had to do the latter because Ford denied my request even though it was clearly a lemon (53 days in the shop). Happy itā€™s working out for you all, definitely feeling a little shorted by Ford. Not a good experience for me overall. Grabbed an EV6 and seeing how it goes.

opus

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dwightbattle.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
UX/Product Designer
Country flag
I had lots of tech problems with mine and itā€™s Been broke since January
Iā€™m going through the same buyback. My new 22 MME is actually being built today. šŸŽ‰ šŸ™ŒšŸ» Iā€™ve been driving the original one while waiting on my replacement.
Lemon law buy back
Did you reach out to Ford first? What was the process? Mine definitely qualifies per Washington State, but itā€™s also a long, drawn out process that I wasnā€™t keen on getting into. But if I can get a replacement through Ford, Iā€™d be stoked. I like the car in general, Iā€™ve just had non-stop problems, and itā€™s been in the shop repeatedly most of the year.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Oh how many people are in process of Lemon Law, looks like their buyback department is overwhelmed. I noticed GT owners have a higher priority in this process. I'm in the Lemon process with my Premium MME since March and still don't have a positive result. My congrats to OP!

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E-X Premium Shadow Black
Country flag
What is this buyback program you speak of?
While some have gone the Lemon Law route, we have gone through multiple case files that weā€™ve opened up with Ford. Thereā€™s a long list of things that Iā€™ve been dealing with with my car and it finally came to a head back in I think late February. The last rep that we dealt with offered to either buyback and refund the purchase or buyback and replace. I love my car even though weā€™ve had the problems so I chose the replacement. It was fast-tracked and it was built last Friday. We received the window sticker via email with the VIN and now we just wait for delivery. My biggest concern was that it was right in the same timeframe that they had cut off the orders for the Premium at the dealerships, but that didnā€™t affect the direct order process through this particular department. I really wasnā€™t expecting to see it built as fast as they have but Iā€™m surely not complaining either.

Lallasvegas

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
SAHM
Country flag
So the buy back program is aka the lemon law-what was wrong with you MME?? Iā€™m still dealing with a black non responsive screen!! No bueno!!

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Iā€™ve had battery issues where they had my car for 16 weeks, itā€™s stuck on a early software version and it doesnā€™t update the software at all, (itā€™s been to the dealership and they canā€™t get it working either. Theyā€™re just waiting to send it back to Ford) it had the windshield and roof recall done and it now rattles worse than a baby rattle going down the road, the sensors on the driverā€™s side donā€™t indicate anything until the passing vehicle gets all the way to the driverā€™s side door, it also doesnā€™t detect if someone is walking up behind it on that side either, when they ā€œfixedā€ the battery, itā€™s still not charging to complete capacity, my screen also freezes and will only show like 15 drive modes that all say ā€œengageā€ when youā€™re in whisper mode, huge ā€œclunking soundā€ when you put the car in reverse if youā€™re in 1-pedal mode, and thatā€™s just a few things that I can think of. Thereā€™s more. šŸ˜‘ But, itā€™s drivable. I just donā€™t go out of my county for fear that I will have the ā€œturtle modeā€ come back again. Thatā€™s what started it all last July.

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I submitted a buyback request last Thursday and already got approved yesterday! Ford is on the ball with this. Next step is to hear back in a couple days with my options. Canā€™t wait to set get a new GTPE! Super relived that they are gonna take it back. Still is perty!

54825D61-527C-4C7D-9E66-4B74373D889D.jpeg
We got this in an email last night. My replacement is on its way! Hereā€™s the timeframe that weā€™ve had so far.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BUYBACK ACCEPTED ALREADY! 4DF07E37-31A2-4BF9-9B33-BC57EACF1CF8

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
We got this in an email last night. My replacement is on its way! Hereā€™s the timeframe that weā€™ve had so far.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BUYBACK ACCEPTED ALREADY! 4DF07E37-31A2-4BF9-9B33-BC57EACF1CF8
Thanks for sharing your experience, luckily the replacement will be solid and I am fairly certain it will be.

Looking at the status you provided, it will come sooner than later. Speaking on my behalf of the final preparation step......

Best of luck

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

Did you end up having to pay anything like price increase/mileage? My car has been out of service a total of 9wks now total, in 9 months, I believe. 4wks straight with no eta for latest HVBJB issue. I have been scouring the internet over and over for any competitive vehicle I can justify to replace with but really just want exactly what you did. Iā€™m concerned because my build (which looks exactly like yours pictured) is now ~$12k more than what I bought mine for.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Did you end up having to pay anything like price increase/mileage? My car has been out of service a total of 9wks now total, in 9 months, I believe. 4wks straight with no eta for latest HVBJB issue. I have been scouring the internet over and over for any competitive vehicle I can justify to replace with but really just want exactly what you did. Iā€™m concerned because my build (which looks exactly like yours pictured) is now ~$12k more than what I bought mine for.
I was going through lemon law process, luckily ended up with new car. But I paid upgraded fee. Unfortunately by the law you are obligated to pay price difference if your model year not in production anymore.
Sponsored