JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Clean Fuel Rewards replaces the rebate program (link in the post above)

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The challenge is ensuring your dealer participates.
Takes the dealer about 2 minutes to register and read the rules of the program. Costs the dealer nothing. There is a link at the web site.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I guess I am just lucky to have an engaged and unbridled dealer. I sent him an email, checked in with him the next day and he had registered the dealership with CA. We shall see how it goes when the paperwork for the purchase is prepared next month. I did find out that it comes off after the sales tax is calculated, so I will pay nearly 10% sales tax on $1500 I don't have to pay. CA giveth with one hand a taketh away with the other!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I guess I am just lucky to have an engaged and unbridled dealer. I sent him an email, checked in with him the next day and he had registered the dealership with CA. We shall see how it goes when the paperwork for the purchase is prepared next month. I did find out that it comes off after the sales tax is calculated, so I will pay nearly 10% sales tax on $1500 I don't have to pay. CA giveth with one hand a taketh away with the other!
Wow, I didn't know that. I guess it's more of a rebate, but I thought that the dealers would be able to mark-down their listed prices by that amount. Hrmph. Bah humbug.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Just checked and the Mach E is NOT listed yet for the CVRP $2000 credit yet - hopefully soon. I think this is something that Ford needs to accomplish.
It IS listed for the Clean Fuel $1500 credit - just need to make sure your dealer is registered for the program as this is credited by the dealer to your contract. CVRP is paid back to you after you file application.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Clean Fuel Rewards replaces the rebate program (link in the post above)
CCFR (California clean fuel rewards) replaces utility rebates (including, but not limited to, SCE $1000 and PG&E $800). It's $1500 and requires dealer participation. (Almost all dealers are cooperative.)

CVRP (clean vehicle rebate program) is $2000 and has an income cap ($150k single, $300k joint). It is not replaced by CCFR.

You can get both if you qualify.

okunney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
CCFR (California clean fuel rewards) replaces utility rebates (including, but not limited to, SCE $1000 and PG&E $800). It's $1500 and requires dealer participation. (Almost all dealers are cooperative.)

CVRP (clean vehicle rebate program) is $2000 and has an income cap ($150k single, $300k joint). It is not replaced by CCFR.

You can get both if you qualify.
Mach e is not listed as an eligible vehicle for cvrp... Am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: UW2

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Mach e is not listed as an eligible vehicle for cvrp... Am I doing something wrong?
It's not listed yet. It almost certainly will.

Most models (for example, i3, Bolt, Leaf, Niro) don't have model year 2021 listed yet. Mach E isn't alone.

Last edited:

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I expect that it will be added to the list in Jan when they do an update. As @RyZt noted...

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
1608868370729.png

1500 rebate is listed. The 2k one isn't yet.
Correct, the $1500 rebate is a new version of the utility rebate done through dealer at time of purchase. The $2000 rebate, is a different program through the state dependent on income eligibility.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
FYI, the new HOV stickers for 2021 are blue:

Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Vehicle Rebate Program 2DEF6DE4-DF56-4C72-9A3A-0438DA094552
Sponsored

Last edited: