Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
the gf refers to the seat warmers as "butt warmers" and really likes them on cold days :)

"my butt is all toasty, thanks!"
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I thought that way when I had the Focus Electric: No need to heat the cabin when I can use so much less electricity just heating the seat. That still got tiring over time on those really cold January and February days here in Michigan.

Once I got the Bolt I rarely use seat heat--just set the cabin temp to what I want and drive it. The extra range is such that the loss due to heating the cabin just doesn't matter as much as it did when it would use almost 30% of the battery.

Thus I did go with the CA Route 1 even though I'm pretty far away from California.

And you other people planning on buying the badge and putting it on your other Mach-E's: shame on you LOL. Really a "First Edition" isn't good enough, have to add CA Route 1 as well...!
You will be suffering in the winters then......but having that cool looking badge will make up for it. :)
I must admit I was jealous to see the CR1 gets a badge in that spot. It reminds me of the fender badge on my 2005 GTO. Similar shape.

16004792793696291700227076125862.jpg

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
You will be suffering in the winters then......but having that cool looking badge will make up for it. :)
I must admit I was jealous to see the CR1 gets a badge in that spot. It reminds me of the fender badge on my 2005 GTO. Similar shape.
Don't see how I will be suffering at all: the CA Rt1 has 300+ miles of range "normally" even if I lose 50% in winter running heater that still gives me 150 miles and I'm comfortable...how is that suffering?

Especially now when everyone is working from home: on the worst days of the year it will stay safely warm in the garage and, likely, not leave the house.

On top of all that: I've driven ICE cars w/o seat heat in the winter for years, none of them pre-condition and you have to drive them all for a good 10-15 minutes before the ICE would warm up enough to heat the cabin to anything approaching comfortable--CA Rt1 is still ahead of the game here.

Suffering is driving a Focus Electric in the winter with -10F temperatures after preconditioning it to 80F with the heater off and the windows cracked (to prevent the front window from fogging) bundled up with all the winter clothes I have (my coworker resorted to adding a 12V heater to the car). No amount of seat heat would help in those conditions.

I'll be just fine with the CA Rt1....

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Don't see how I will be suffering at all: the CA Rt1 has 300+ miles of range "normally" even if I lose 50% in winter running heater that still gives me 150 miles and I'm comfortable...how is that suffering?

Especially now when everyone is working from home: on the worst days of the year it will stay safely warm in the garage and, likely, not leave the house.

On top of all that: I've driven ICE cars w/o seat heat in the winter for years, none of them pre-condition and you have to drive them all for a good 10-15 minutes before the ICE would warm up enough to heat the cabin to anything approaching comfortable--CA Rt1 is still ahead of the game here.

Suffering is driving a Focus Electric in the winter with -10F temperatures after preconditioning it to 80F with the heater off and the windows cracked (to prevent the front window from fogging) bundled up with all the winter clothes I have (my coworker resorted to adding a 12V heater to the car). No amount of seat heat would help in those conditions.

I'll be just fine with the CA Rt1....
Suffering is also driving a Ford Focus Electric with ambient temps of 118 degrees. Not because of the car....it is just damn hot where I live. :)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It was winter of 2008 I believe when the thermostat failed open in my 7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel Super Duty. Was my daily driver. With the thermostat open in the winter, there was no cabin heat for the first 20 minutes. That was rough...

reddog554

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe; Honda Civic
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Here's what the California Route 1 Mach-E badge looks like.

California-Route-1-Mach-E-Badge.jpg
Does anyone know if the Mach-E CA edition will come with the B&O stereo system? It does not state it on the configuration but it does in the premium edition? Can't see them making a CA edition without a stereo system smh Trying to order one but not if it does not have a stereo system. Thanks in advance.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Mach-E CA edition will come with the B&O stereo system? It does not state it on the configuration but it does in the premium edition? Can't see them making a CA edition without a stereo system smh Trying to order one but not if it does not have a stereo system. Thanks in advance.
B&O not in CA Rt1 edition based on all documentation so far

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
nope. It $2200 less than the premium ER because it doesn't have B&O sound, heated seats, foot activated tailgate, or the same wheels

Kkp

First Name
Kalyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
nope. It $2200 less than the premium ER because it doesn't have B&O sound, heated seats, foot activated tailgate, or the same wheels
Just curious with 18 inch wheels, does ride feels bumpy ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just curious with 18 inch wheels, does ride feels bumpy ?
I'll let you know for sure when I finally get mine sometime in February, but I would think the ride would be better. The outer diameter of the 18's and 19's is the same, so the wider sidewalls should in theory give it a softer ride over bumps.

Kkp

First Name
Kalyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I'll let you know for sure when I finally get mine sometime in February, but I would think the ride would be better. The outer diameter of the 18's and 19's is the same, so the wider sidewalls should in theory give it a softer ride over bumps.
Thanks. I reserved premium RWD standard range. I am thinking to cancel and order Route 1. Need to check with dealer if they will
Refund my 1500 deposit. I am fine not having BO sound, foot lift gate as long as it has power lift gate.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Thanks. I reserved premium RWD standard range. I am thinking to cancel and order Route 1. Need to check with dealer if they will
Refund my 1500 deposit. I am fine not having BO sound, foot lift gate as long as it has power lift gate.
Pretty sure lift gate is manual on Route 1.

Kkp

First Name
Kalyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Pretty sure lift gate is manual on Route 1.
Oh I thought at least it has some button to open and close instead of foot. We had manual before for Audi Q5 and it was uncomfortable in closing for my wife

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Nope, manual lift gate. There is a button to unlock, but you have to pull up to open and down to close. I look at it as one less thing to break.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Attachments