Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Our California Route 1 was delivered in October, 2022 and went for a drive up Calif Rt 1. Judy loves the car and it handled Rt 1 north of San Francisco very well.

Boris

route 1 pic.jpg
That is a beautiful color! Is that an AWD Iced Blue Silver Metallic? How did your Mach-E perform on the twisty sections north of SF?

I picked up my CA Route 1 at the end of September 2022 and the only portion of Highway 1 that she has seen to date is the Golden Gate Bridge and 101 segment in Marin County. (Richmond/San Rafael Bridge in the photo background).

D0A10548-B580-4653-88DD-8362E8AEB79D.jpeg
Sponsored

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
No DCFC going North on HWY 1 after GG bridge. The last charging is before you start North Hwy 1 coming from Sausalito off hwy 101. I believe it's a Safeway there. Beautiful drive though.

I went on an oyster sack run. I wish the frunk was insulated so you can really use it as a cooler. The ice melts quick. I had to buy a couple of styrofoam coolers that fit, to put oysters and ice in and stabbed a couple of drain slits on the cooler which drains as the water level increases then drains into the frunk drain.

Last edited:

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
I was just thinking the other day while driving my CR1 (known as Cal-E) I wonder how many CR1’s have been on CR1…. I doubt I will even get that far west haha.
I live just minutes of Coastal Highway so CR1 for my CR1 every day :)

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
No DCFC going North on HWY 1 after GG bridge. The last charging is before you start North Hwy 1 coming from Sausalito off hwy 101. I believe it's a Safeway there. Beautiful drive though.

I went on an oyster sack run. I wish the frunk was insulated so you can really use it as a cooler. The ice melts quick. I had to buy a couple of styrofoam coolers that fit, to put oysters and ice in and stabbed a couple of drain slits on the cooler which drains as the water level increases then drains into the frunk drain.
There are some nice EA location at Navato (8 chargers).

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I found them used on Ebay. Santa Ana Wheel in Anaheim CA.
Thanks. I found this page on their website, 18" wheels and am wondering if there are aero wheel covers in addition to the wheels themselves. The CR-1 wheels I've seen are all black.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
OP
OP

Boris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e CR1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I posted to show that our California Route 1 was, indeed on California Route 1. I would hope that everyone in California who bought a Ca Rt 1 would get on Ca Rt 1, take a picture and post it. That would be great.

BTW, Ca Rt 1 goes from La to the Oregon border, so it's possible to get a pic all up and down the state, even PCH.

That coulor ( Iced Blue Silver Metallic ) is the one Judy picked out 5 min before placing the order, when she found out her original coulor wasn't available. It's light since we live where it gets hot: 105F. And I went with the KISS principal, so it's rear wheel drive only. Only 1 motor and electronics and no front wheel half shafts to worry about. And it doesn't snow in Valley Center.

Boris

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hi Boris,
We live just a short drive to the PCH 1 and I've ridden (BMW GS1200) and driven (multiple BMWs) up through Big Sur and points north over the years. The drive from Cambria to Monterrey is spectacular and twisty ;-). EV charging is a bit challenging though so make sure you've got sufficient range and be mindful that the first part of that road is uphill.

Slowmotion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
many
Country flag
Thanks. I found this page on their website, 18" wheels and am wondering if there are aero wheel covers in addition to the wheels themselves. The CR-1 wheels I've seen are all black.
I believe the wheels you provide a link to are 18" wheels from a Select trim. Those are not the same as Route 1 which are black 5 spoke wheels. If you search online for pictures of the OEM wheels for MME you'll see the difference. When I was searching for these wheels, some sellers were including the aero covers and some were selling the covers separately. also on ebay at that time. If efficiency is the goal then you want the covers. You can use the wheels without the covers, but it's the covers that create max efficiency.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Hi Boris,
We live just a short drive to the PCH 1 and I've ridden (BMW GS1200) and driven (multiple BMWs) up through Big Sur and points north over the years. The drive from Cambria to Monterrey is spectacular and twisty ;-). EV charging is a bit challenging though so make sure you've got sufficient range and be mindful that the first part of that road is uphill.
I took my bike up the PCH a couple of decades ago. Didn't have the proper gear and froze the entire way. It was still a spectacular drive!

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I believe the wheels you provide a link to are 18" wheels from a Select trim. Those are not the same as Route 1 which are black 5 spoke wheels. If you search online for pictures of the OEM wheels for MME you'll see the difference. When I was searching for these wheels, some sellers were including the aero covers and some were selling the covers separately. also on ebay at that time. If efficiency is the goal then you want the covers. You can use the wheels without the covers, but it's the covers that create max efficiency.
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I took my bike up the PCH a couple of decades ago. Didn't have the proper gear and froze the entire way. It was still a spectacular drive!
Absolutely you can freeze your fanny off riding down or up Big Sur. The prevailing wind blows off of the 48-50 degree ocean.

The Amgen Tour of California came down Big Sur one year and were similarly frozen by the time they got to Morro Bay CA, the end of that leg.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
There are some nice EA location at Navato (8 chargers).
Yea buts it not along CR1. Neither that Safeway but it's a little bit after the start of CR1 - North of GG bridge. That's where I would go to top off to 100% and wished I had the extended range. I don't think there is an (easy) way to that Novato place from CR1 only Skywalker Ranch (George Lucas's place).

Last edited: