epereira

First Name
Erle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Country flag
Fairly new owner here so kindly excuse my ignorance (still learning what I can do and cannot do with my new baby).

While driving I cannot access the camera (the option is greyed out). Is this normal? I thought it said somewhere that the camera is accessible while driving? Is it only used for parking assist and while stopped (or getting close to an object)?
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
It would be very cool to have any of the cameras available on the main screen while driving, but I think they have disabled this capability as a safety precaution / distraction risk.

Note: The car itself is using the cameras extensively during any drive, its just not going to let the driver see what it sees.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It can be turned on while driving under 5mph. This is so you can use it to help you park. But once you go over that speed, it turns off.

debsahu

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 AWD
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Sometimes when exiting parking lots, when the car thinks it is going to hit parking poles the cameras come on (while < 5mph). Not reproducible everytime, but sometimes I am amazed by the camera on the screen while exiting my work parking structure (never hit any pole yet).