Camping Mode

Stephenhanlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
This is what we got. It's super comfortable. You'll see in the pic below that as it goes to the back it curves up a bit on the side, only because I was too lazy to trim it after setting up camp with the MME for the first time.

The whole experience was a massive success. Just needed a way to turn the damn map lights off. Other than that, we stayed plugged in at the campsite, ran the AC all weekend and cooled off both the car and tent.
PXL_20210723_201920372.jpg

PXL_20210723_202251454.jpg
Can you repost the link? It’s not working for some reason

MParkour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 RR Mustang GT 2017 Tacoma 2021 RR MME FE
Country flag
Thanks this is just the review I was looking for. Guess my search continues. Have you found anything else that might work better for the Mach E?
I havent yet, I will let you know if I do. I dont car camp often so its not a major need for me right now.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I love car camping, and I do tend to sleep in my car during long road trips at rest-stops. So being this is an electric car it does have an advantage of being basically a giant battery to power devices and keep the A/C at a constant and comfortable temperature. Does anybody have any knowledge as to whether this will have a "camp mode" like Tesla's do? I feel like this would be a really awesome feature to have within such a "smart" vehicle such as the Mach-E. Also does anyone know whether the vehicle will have a heat pump?

Thanks!

sleeping in car requires that you turn MME 'on', and turn off the 'auto-timeout' setting if you want to use the AC/heat or extract energy via the 12v connection points for Boondocking power

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
I've done a couple road trips now primarily sleeping in the car. Got a twin size air mattress I setup in the back, with reflectors on all the windows. It's quite cozy. I really wish the car had a Camping Mode @Ford Motor Company so I could turn off all the screens and blue lights in the car.

Not as important, but would be nice, is the ability to modify ALL climate settings with voice. Right now I can change the temperature with voice command, but can't change the fan speed, or make it recirculate, etc. Really would like that when I'm in my sleeping bag in the back and don't want to awkwardly reach out to the screen.

Also, I really would prefer a foam "bed" like the Tesmanian, but that is a bit thinner perhaps so it doesn't take up so much room when folded.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Trying to talk my Wife into trying this out using the Napier SUV tent. Is there enough room in the back of the car for two people to sleep comfortably?

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Trying to talk my Wife into trying this out using the Napier SUV tent. Is there enough room in the back of the car for two people to sleep comfortably?
Yes. But as I experienced, adding a restless kid or two and a small dog might make things tight. But my wife and I found it to be comfortable for us.

Moving the front seats forward will give you more length but you'll have a gap between the flat cargo area and the front seats. This could easily be filled by large pillows for necessary support.

RSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black CA Route 1 Mach-e
Country flag
I know I'm reviving a dead thread, but for those that have used a mattress to sleep in the car... do you put the floor in upper or lower position? the obvious answer should be upper to level out the floor when seats are down, but I'm somewhat hesitant because I don't want the supports to break on upper position if there are multiple people, pushing 250 pounds total. Any experiences and/or thoughts?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know I'm reviving a dead thread, but for those that have used a mattress to sleep in the car... do you put the floor in upper or lower position? the obvious answer should be upper to level out the floor when seats are down, but I'm somewhat hesitant because I don't want the supports to break on upper position if there are multiple people, pushing 250 pounds total. Any experiences and/or thoughts?
Upper to make it level with the folded seats. I have no direct experience with laying back there, but it would be easy to remedy any lack of support in the center with few blocks of wood (or similar) underneath.

For the fun of it, I just went out and measured. Looks like about 5" from the groove in the foam mold where the mobile charger sits to the bottom of the upper floorboard position. I stacked 3 scrap 2x4 pieces and it gets close. Another 1/2" would do it.

The adjustable floorboard is pretty strong, but one extra support in the middle would help make sure.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Camping Mode 20211213_165031
Ford Mustang Mach-E Camping Mode 20211213_165050