Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
All,

I had made a reservation back in December 2020 which we were not able to turn into an order. The dealer (Phil Long Ford of Denver) was incompetent and not willing to do anything to help. So, I created a new order for a GT PE through a better dealer in April.

Early in July, I got an email from Ford telling me to convert my reservation to an order or they would cancel it on July 31st. Seeing as the asshats at Phil Long don't deserve the business, I let it expire..

On Monday, Aug 2nd, I got this email from Ford:
Dear Eric,

This email confirms that your reservation has expired, and Ford Motor Company has cancelled your reservation of the 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT.

If you have questions or would like to place an order, contact your Ford Dealer. Or please click here to see all of our support options.

Followed in a few minutes with this email:
Hello Eric,

Ford Motor Company has initiated a $500 refund, and you can log in to your Ford Member Account to review this transaction. Please allow 7–10 business days for the refund to process. If this is an error or if you have any other questions, please contact your dealer. If you are still interested, it’s not too late. Schedule a test‑drive or place an order today.

The refund hit my bank on Tuesday, the 3rd of August. No hassle, no fuss, no delays. Now, I just have my fingers crossed that the close with the new dealer when the car arrives is as easy.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You could have cancelled the reservation through your reservations page at ford.com, instead of waiting for it to expire.

Reservations are between you and Ford. Orders are between you and your selected dealer.

Anyway, just fyi for others who may be in a similar situation.

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
You could have cancelled the reservation through your reservations page at ford.com, instead of waiting for it to expire.

Reservations are between you and Ford. Orders are between you and your selected dealer.

Anyway, just fyi for others who may be in a similar situation.
I could have as you said. Or, I could let it dangle and f**k with Phil Long's management.

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Just curious....Who did you end up ordering from? I'm in Colorado as well....and am currently dealing with two different dealers - neither have been stellar.

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Just curious....Who did you end up ordering from? I'm in Colorado as well....and am currently dealing with two different dealers - neither have been stellar.
Autonation Ford Littleton on Broadway.
Nathan Dwyer 970-333-0706 or [email protected]

I hope this helps. Please do let me know if they jerk you around. That has not been my experience and this will be the second car I have bought from that particular dealership.
Sponsored