Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
More than once I have bought a car from one dealership but had all of my service done at a closer dealership. If the original dealership had a deal on service I might go there. This car won't need oil changes, which is the biggest service item. We have never had any service done on my wife's LEAF in the 2 years since we bought it (used 2016). Also Ford has said that you can change the dealer you buy it from at the time of converting the reservation to an order.
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I called up my local Ford dealer here in Seattle and asked if they had concierge service. That is, service personnel comes to my house to pick up the car to take it to the dealer for work. This is the new service model we are heading towards in our current times.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
If after you've bought the car, you decide to take your car for servicing to a different dealer, that second dealer will be more than happy to have your business. They are no less incentivised to sell you services.

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-PACE SE, x-Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV and x-Tesla S owner
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree that Ford would make a Big PR mistake by requiring that we make a non-refundable deposit before driving the ME. They have assembled a lot of potential customers at this point in their marketing process. Some of us have not been excited about buying a Ford product in years. My last Ford was 40 years ago.

To require a firmer deposit would be an admission that they are worried we will not like the car once we see/drive it. If that happened, then I would cancel and wait to test drive the car and look at waiting for the Audi Q4 Enron.

I am excited about the ME! It has all the items I want in an EV. I am willing to take a chance on it even though it will be in its 1st year old production, but I want to drive it first.
Sponsored