Cannot Cancel Carvana Accounts

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
FYI, I just tried to cancel my Carvana account and have the data deleted. I created the account to get a quote when I wanted to sell my car. Car is now sold and I have a new MME. They won’t cancel an account unless you are a California resident. Just a consideration for those trying to reduce their digital footprint.
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Most software (web applications) don't delete your account even if you think that they do. Your account is only marked as deleted/terminated in the database. You can even make a new account with the same PII, in many cases, because database records use UUIDs to identify you and may not use unique flags on deactivated accounts. Some eventually purge deleted accounts after years or based on applicable laws. My point is that you shouldn't assume that "deleting" your account does anything more than deactivating it.

The CCPA law is also full of exceptions which apply in most all cases. For example, if you actually sold them a car you couldn't delete it even being a California resident.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You VIN is public information.
Your car registration is public information.

Carvan has nothing you should worry about.

OP
OP
TGIF

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
I’m just trying to reduce my digital footprint. Eliminate unnecessary accounts, passwords, etc.
Sponsored