Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Is that true? I had SXM in cars that had no modem that received updates. I always figured it came via their own satellite signal.
Yeah they can download data through the satellite connection. The 360L system like on the Mach-e is new in that it can use the vehicles modem to stream over internet like the On Demand stuff and when the satellite signal is lost. It can also upload to sync listening history with the cloud so it’s in sync with the app. It’s pretty cool.
Sponsored

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Can someone who understand how SirusXM works explain how a “backend problem” could cause this? I’ve always assumed they stream all channels, when I select one its local to my receiver. There is no upload channel, right? What am I missing?
Think of Sync 4 as the operation system, and Sirius XM as the app. It’s running on Ford’s Sync 4, but has independent software that gets updated via Sirius once in a while. Just like your phone apps can sometimes get updated, but still crash. Nothing “necessarily” to do with the operations system.

It sounds like Sirius fixed the issue and pushed an update. I see these updating messages occasionally on my Sirius XM vehicles.

Hope that helps!

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
So the refresh worked last night, but today my entire Sync system was glitchy and slow. Can't change my A/C setting. Entire touch-screen is acting the way Sirius was yesterday. However, I can now switch my Sirious channels with the buttons on the steering wheel.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So the refresh worked last night, but today my entire Sync system was glitchy and slow. Can't change my A/C setting. Entire touch-screen is acting the way Sirius was yesterday. However, I can now switch my Sirious channels with the buttons on the steering wheel.
My Sync was really slow last night......took a very long time calculate a route. Today it struggled to make a phone call. I had to try it twice. I have noticed a degradation in SYNC performance ever since the Power Up update.

loqutus

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium SR
Occupation
Professor
Country flag
Same here. I understand everyone saying this was a SiriusXM issue, but Sync has been almost unusable since the radio issue started.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same here. I understand everyone saying this was a SiriusXM issue, but Sync has been almost unusable since the radio issue started.
Hmm mine seems fine, I don’t have 1.7.1 yet though.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
It started for me last night - and gradually. I couldn't bring up the channel list to add new channels.
Today it's completely hosed like every one has said.

I think it's an Sirius initiated change that just didn't jibe with our cars. Hopefully they fix it on their end.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 360 radio only issue (i.e. the particular feature set we have)... I should have checked my Dad's Bronco Sport while I was there but didn't think about it and he doesn't use xm much.
FWIW I don’t think it’s a SXM issue. I think It’s a Ford OTA update that did this. SXM works fine in my other car…. Also my wife’s profile works fine but mine has the symptoms described in the thread.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Kind of a bummer. When choosing which vehicle to drive it has been BEV or PHEV and usually the anticipated distance to travel has been a determining factor. Normally choose the BEV for longer distances but now that the PHEV actually changes satellite radio stations the PHEV is starting to look like a better choice. :(

I hope it gets resolved soon. One of the reasons why I didn't buy the Rivian is the lack of satellite radio.
? I’m fairly confident this will get sorted before Rivian ships in significant numbers….

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
? I’m fairly confident this will get sorted before Rivian ships in significant numbers….
It isn't broke......not available in the Rivians. According to the specs I had at the time. Have they changed their minds?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FWIW I don’t think it’s a SXM issue. I think It’s a Ford OTA update that did this. SXM works fine in my other car…. Also my wife’s profile works fine but mine has the symptoms described in the thread.
Most definitely an SXM issue, it was affecting all vehicles with the 360L system. Honestly it could have just been a channel refresh and someone accidentally used a character the system didn’t like and it caused all sorts of trouble.

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
Most definitely an SXM issue, it was affecting all vehicles with the 360L system. Honestly it could have just been a channel refresh and someone accidentally used a character the system didn’t like and it caused all sorts of trouble.
So, knock on wood, all worked fine this morning after SYNC was a nightmare yesterday.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Alerts for artist or song title works now.

Also, if the signal is lost then the song restarts from the beginning. (Drive in a tunnel or under a bridge for example....)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Alerts for artist or song title works now.
That was fixed in 1.7.1.

Also, if the signal is lost then the song restarts from the beginning. (Drive in a tunnel or under a bridge for example....)
That's part of TuneStart. I wish it worked on talk stations in the MME like it does in other cars.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That was fixed in 1.7.1.

That's part of TuneStart. I wish it worked on talk stations in the MME like it does in other cars.
Artist alerts worked for my drive to the office this morning for the first time ever. Literally the very first time this has ever worked in the MME. If that is part of 1.7.1 then it took about a week to begin working. Either way, I am glad it works finally.

I've been using TuneStart and it has been working fine in that when I switch stations the song always starts at the beginning. I've never had the song restart automatically though? I drive under an overpass at least twice a day. It's a two part overpass (Northbound and Southbound highway overpass lanes....). Ever since I have had satellite, it would always drop signal when I would pass under those bridges. Would happen twice since there are two bridges with a small space in between. It did this since in my F250 for 15 years, in my Focus Electric for 2 years and my MME for 8 1/2 months.

Today is the first time the song restarted when driving under that overpass.
I assumed this was the same for everyone else here but of of course I would have the oddball car that doesn't follow the rules. :)

MrsLofgreen

First Name
Shawnacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
This happens to me about 1 out of 10 times I start the car. Turning the radio off, then starting it again (by tapping a preset tile, not by using the power button) corrects it.
I’m making a list of these annoyances to present to my dealer the next time I take the car in.
Same.
Sponsored