blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
They actually don’t. Teslas have plenty of cameras, but that’s one view they don’t currently offer.
Yeah my brother's Model Y didn't have a 360 degree camera, but it had a funky harder to use version of it where the cameras face more backwards and to the side than straight down. It was kind of weird, I'm assuming it's something you'd get used to after a while.

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
I don't mind any of that, but those things are greatly overrated. My experience shows that 30 min charging is barely enough for necessities, like taking dogs for a walk, having a bathroom break, getting coffee or sandwich or something. I don't ever expect playing games or watching movies. I may watch short youtube clips while chewing on that sandwich, the rest of that has zero usefulness.
We recently completed a 3300 mile road trip (Dallas/Vegas/Burbank/Laughlin/Dallas), stopping every 180-230 miles to charge. As much as I love my Mach-E, the only time we really sat in the car while it charged was usually during the last few % to avoid potential "idle" penalties.

In a world of "Me Too", Ford will most likely have to add this along with other "competitor" features sometime in the future.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Could it be this?

Badging on the ER is Mach-E E4X (E for extended range and X for AWD (4x4))
Badging on the SR is Mach-E 4X (Dropping the E since it is standard range)

Anyone with a SR AWD verify this?
No. There is no 2nd E in any of the badging. The SR drops the X for eXtended range.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car and Driver: Mach-E vs Model Y Comparison Review 1624890477159

Take a look at your FE. It doesn't have two Es either.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
But the charging would take longer because the car would be on, diverting power from charging.....?
If I am in the car while it charges it is already “on”.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
It's a pretty spot-on comparison. Crazy to me that C&D can't get ahold of a Model Y LR.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think they mentioned that Tesla sells performance upgrades via OTA, specifically acceleration. If Ford could do something like that for the MME, that'd be pretty neat.
I was thinking the same thing. It would be great if Ford could OTA us a performance upgrade, for a fee of course, but I would gladly pay it. It would be really cool if the 0-60 time could go down to say about 3.9.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing. It would be great if Ford could OTA us a performance upgrade, for a fee of course, but I would gladly pay it. It would be really cool if the 0-60 time could go down to say about 3.9.
I'm with you. It was actually videos of Tesla's Insane mode on the Model S back in 2014 that got me seriously interested in EVs. I couldn't justify to myself the extra $7,700 for 1 second in 0-60 that I would rarely use on my MME. But a few hundred bucks for an occasional use 'range be damned, give er all she's got' mode?!? Sign me up!

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
'range be damned, give er all she's got' mode?!? Sign me up!
Love it.
Can you start us a new thread with this as the caption? If Tesla can do it, so can Ford, right?

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag