circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
Which do you use to schedule your car charging, via the MachE, via the Ford Pass app, or via the respective charger (Emporia, Ford, etcetera)?

I noticed the other day, when I charge now, my car charges to 100%, and despite what settings are in the Ford Pass app or the car, it still charges to 100% and charges as soon as I plug it in. Hence, my question...
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The only way to control the level of charge in the vehicle (at least easily), is via the settings in the car or in FordPass. Since FordPass is less than 100% reliable, the car is the place to do it.

Sometimes an update undoes the settings, or overrides them. Go in the car and check them, and make sure it says to Use Preferred Charge Settings.

You CAN use an intelligent charger to also control the time, and level of charge. But, it has no way to know the current SOC, so you have to go in and tell it what it is. As for times, by using the external charger to also set times, you prevent the car from taking house current during a remote start or Departure Time, should that be during your peak hours, without you saying you want to override it. That's how I have mine set, so I have to make a conscious decision to use house current during my peak hours (11AM - 7PM). Maybe came up once in 2.5 years.

734jeant

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E premium
Country flag
Where do I find "preferred charger settings" in the car? I've searched and searched.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But where do I find "charging settings"? Which screen?
It's an in-car app now. Used to be under Settings, but they changed it to it's own app in the app drawer. Click the Home icon to get the app drawer. Then the Charging app.

OP
OP
circatee

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
Ugh, the inconsistency of the charging. Haven't charged in a few days. Just plugged in my Emporia, and of course, the car starts charging now, versus waiting till midnight.

The pain...!

734jeant

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E premium
Country flag
Now I can't set the charging times because it won't recognize the location. (Home) I've charged it multiple times here.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now I can't set the charging times because it won't recognize the location. (Home) I've charged it multiple times here.
I have not set mine since I got it but first you have to set the location and then you can save the settings. Did you do that step first?

May be best to bring up the manual and walk thru the steps. If you already have then I apologize!

OP
OP
circatee

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
I have not set mine since I got it but first you have to set the location and then you can save the settings. Did you do that step first?
Curious, did you set the location by entering an address or choosing something like ā€˜current locationā€™?

734jeant

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E premium
Country flag

May be best to bring up the manual and walk thru the steps. If you already have then I apologize!
It won't let me set the location. Nothing comes up as a choice even though I've charged the car there (my home) multiple times.

OP
OP
circatee

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
I just went into the car Charging settings, and set location (chose it from the list), and set my charging times, and charge level (80%).

Boxing day evening, when I connect the charger, I do not expect it to start charging till midnight...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Curious, did you set the location by entering an address or choosing something like ā€˜current locationā€™?
You have to charge there first, even a minute or two. Then you can save it.
Sponsored