wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
I updated my iPhone yesterday to 17.1 but did not drive the car (2023 GTPE) until today. Everything had been working fine before. But today when I used the voice command button on the steering wheel and asked Siri to play CNN news, it tried but then the bubble on the screen began to spin and intermittently emit a repeating bong sound. Then Siri said the dreaded, "I'm sorry, something went wrong, please try again in a moment." I tried multiple times with no joy. Siri still takes a command to call someone - but not if I ask it to play music. I have disconnected the phone from the car and the car from my phone with no change. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any ideas how to fix the problem. Thanks in advance for any help. Phone is an iPhone 15 Pro.

Wade
Sponsored

Last edited:

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don't have that issue. Siri plays my music playlists, opens the garage doors, texts, gets directions in maps, etc. Everything is the same so far after updating to 17.1.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I updated my iPhone yesterday to 17.1 but did not drive the car (2023 GTPE) until today. Everything had been working fine before. But today when I used the voice command button on the steering wheel and asked Siri to play CNN news, it tried but then the bubble on the screen began to spin and intermittently emit a repeating bong sound. Then Siri said the dreaded, "I'm sorry, something went wrong, please try again in a moment." I tried multiple times with no joy. Siri still takes a command to call someone - but not if I ask it to play music. I have disconnected the phone from the car and the car from my phone with no change. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any ideas how to fix the problem. Thanks in advance for any help. Phone is an iPhone 15 Pro.

Wade
Toggle airplane mode for 5s next time it does that and see if it fixes it. It always fixes mine. It never fixes my kids phone.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Does Siri work when your not in the car?

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I tried this and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion. Hard to believe that could be it - but I'm happy.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't have that issue. Siri plays my music playlists, opens the garage doors, texts, gets directions in maps, etc. Everything is the same so far after updating to 17.1.
Nice that it's working for you - see my response below. Turning Airplane off and on - solved the problem.

redditn00b92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E CR1
Country flag
Since iOS 17 rolled out, I have been having cracking noises when using Apple Maps or anything that requires Siri's voice. iOS 17.1 didn't fix this. Does anyone know if this is a Ford problem and there is a planned fix?

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag

Wade
Happens when signal strength is not at its strongest - 3 or 5g instead of 4G showing on screen.
Sponsored