TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I occasionally notice this when the phone is on the charging mat. If I move it to a cup-holder or put it on the seat next to me (better view of the sky) it solves it.
Sponsored

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
Iā€™m not sure this is a Ford issue. My wife is having the same problem in a non-Ford. It started a few weeks ago.

OP
OP

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Mustang GT, Mach E AWD premium 23
Country flag
Oh god. It's pretty bad by ford and apple

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So from the replies it appears it's basically a Ford fcuk up problem, not surprised!!!

My issue isn't related to the location of the iPhone as I am holding it in the passenger seat whilst the other half is driving and all maps apps are the same, location all over the place
Not Fordā€™s problem. I havenā€™t seen this problem in months but when I owned a BMW i4 and Mach-E at the same time I had one day where both cars with Apple and Google Maps were reporting me some 500-1000 foot offset from where I actually was. Fixed itself the next day but for an entire day it was borked. Canā€™t blame Ford for the clusterfudge that is CarPlay.

OP
OP

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not Fordā€™s problem. I havenā€™t seen this problem in months but when I owned a BMW i4 and Mach-E at the same time I had one day where both cars with Apple and Google Maps were reporting me some 500-1000 foot offset from where I actually was. Fixed itself the next day but for an entire day it was borked. Canā€™t blame Ford for the clusterfudge that is CarPlay.
With respect and not wanting to get into a debate about who is to blame however as a user/consumer I've been sold what's a Ā£65k ish car WITH carplay functionality, if it doesn't work that's down to Ford to sort with Apple and clearly they aren't collaborating. Had an M2 for years with wireless carplay which worked flawlessly.

It is Fords problem, they need to resolve it together with Apple

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
With respect and not wanting to get into a debate about who is to blame however as a user/consumer I've been sold what's a Ā£65k ish car WITH carplay functionality, if it doesn't work that's down to Ford to sort with Apple and clearly they aren't collaborating. Had an M2 for years with wireless carplay which worked flawlessly.

It is Fords problem, they need to resolve it together with Apple
Wireless CarPlay worked flawlessly on my BMW i4 too except for the random few days like the day where CarPlay just broke for all my cars. I donā€™t think itā€™s Fordā€™s problem. The Mach-E had definitely CarPlay integration issues back in 2021 but in the past 6 months itā€™s been great. At the core, CarPlay is problematic. I see the GPS position offset problem on my Ioniq 5 now. Happened once at leastā€¦ for an entire drive.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
So from the replies it appears it's basically a Ford fcuk up problem, not surprised!!!

My issue isn't related to the location of the iPhone as I am holding it in the passenger seat whilst the other half is driving and all maps apps are the same, location all over the place
Never had this issue in our Fords: ā€˜17 Explorer, ā€˜18 Expedition, and ā€˜21 Mach E - all using Apple Maps in CarPlay.

Out of curiosity and I assume youā€™ve tried this, next time it happens (with someone else driving), can you completely disabled CarPlay on your phone and car and look at the map apps on your phone? Are they correctly displaying your location? After a bit, reenable CarPlay and see if they immediately go off again.

OP
OP

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Never had this issue in our Fords: ā€˜17 Explorer, ā€˜18 Expedition, and ā€˜21 Mach E - all using Apple Maps in CarPlay.

Out of curiosity and I assume youā€™ve tried this, next time it happens (with someone else driving), can you completely disabled CarPlay on your phone and car and look at the map apps on your phone? Are they correctly displaying your location? After a bit, reenable CarPlay and see if they immediately go off again.
The phone when disconnected from carplay shows the correct location when I am in the car

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I have this problem frequently, though usually it resolves itself within a few minutes. However I find that if I put my phone on my phone holder next to the center screen, it clears right up. (This is not my photo)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Carplay GPS issues Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 10.24.35 AM

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I had this issue occur periodically from when I got the car, until I received 4.1.2. Has not happened since.
I have 3.5.2, and have never once had this problem. Over a year and a half using the car, phone in pocket, phone on seat, wherever - Maps location has been consistently accurate. FWIW.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
I have 3.5.2, and have never once had this problem. Over a year and a half using the car, phone in pocket, phone on seat, wherever - Maps location has been consistently accurate. FWIW.
Strange. Until I had 4.1.2 on occasion my car would float up to 1/4 mile away from my position and often face at a radically different angle then the car was driving (often driving over peoples homes). When my car was on 3.x.x I often had connection issues to Car Play and geolocation issues.

Twice my car thought it was parked almost 1 mile away so the car charged (or tried to charge) at a new location even though it was parked on my driveway.

Both of those became history after I had 4.1.x

OP
OP

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What happens when you connect via USB?
I havent tried via USB, i will give it a go but thats not really the point, it should work via wifi and i shouldnt need to faff about with it like i am.

Went out to the car earlier and its okay at the moment, i have deleted my andriod phone from the car, maybe that was causing the problem, who knows. Missus driving the car tomorrow so will see if okay or not

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I had this problem off an on (mostly on) until Mid-March. Not sure if it was a Ford update or an iPhone update, but the maps have been correct, with no drifting, since. Not much help, but another data point. (2023 CA Rt 1)

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
It does that when my phone is in my pocket. Works fine when I take it out.
Sponsored