V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California route 1 Mach E, space white
Occupation
Medical illustrator
Country flag
We're a family of 4 (2 adults, 1 baby, 1 toddler) and our 2022 Mustang Mach E is our only car, so it's our family car. I wanted to share how we fit our carseats in, for anyone else researching the subject.

We can fit 2 carseats and an adult in our backseat. It's a tight fit but it does the trick for car rides when we want one of us to keep an eye on the kids.

Our car seats are the Clek foonf (rear facing toddler seat) and the Clek liing (infant seat). The nice thing about the Mach e is that we can put the Clek liing, which has a load leg, in the middle seat because the floor is flat.

Both Clek car seats are relatively narrow, so that helps too. I think you'd be able to fit 3 carseats across in the backseat of the Mach e, provided you have narrow enough carseats and use the seatbelts to install (which lets you biase the side carseats toward the doors and allows a little more room for the middle seat.)

The rear facing toddler carseat does require the front passenger seat to be moved up a bit, but the driver seat isn't impinged with the infant seat in the middle.

I've included pictures of our set up for
reference!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Carseats in the Mach E PXL_20240108_174457849

Ford Mustang Mach-E Carseats in the Mach E PXL_20240101_165338189

Ford Mustang Mach-E Carseats in the Mach E PXL_20240101_165402622

Ford Mustang Mach-E Carseats in the Mach E PXL_20240101_165429996