Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Completed 11/28/21. All good know, with new 12v - knock wood…
Ugh. So it’s not just earlier builds. So basically avoiding deep cold is good if you can for any car because the 12v s are just prone to draining. So you’ve been charging overnight with the mobile charger on 110V?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
A agm sits on my dump trailer and holds a charge much much longer that a flood
Yeah, as you’ve seen this isn’t simply an AGM battery issue. Our F150 Raptor has an AGM battery and works fine. Our electric gate opener to our ranch has 2 AGM batteries charged by a single small solar panel and those last about two years. Something else is involved here.

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
If you're worried about being stranded again, I recommend you buy a Gooloo jump starter and familiarize yourself with removing the funk panels to access the jump points. I've verified they have enough initial power to jump start successfully unlike other brands like NOCO which use a lower voltage that isn't as effective.
Which Gooloo jump starter model do you recommend?

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
UPDATE!

We were surprised to get a call late yesterday saying the car was complete, so had to scramble to get a plane ticket to get to where it is. My partner is picking it up right now. He is going to stay with family close by and drive home tomorrow (7 hours) so it will be put to the test.

Replaced 12V Battery and the Battery Energy Control Module and High Voltage Fuse Box and happy to login this A.M and see No DTCs Present as being reported OTA. :)

I will update once I have the paperwork showing exactly what they did and the tech notes, and how the drive home went for him. Just in time since it has been 4 weeks, but they are covering 1 monthly payment for the hassle, along with paying for the rental of course.

Wishing everyone the best with their specific situation, we know how challenging and frustrating it is!

Capture.JPG

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
I finally have the tech notes of what they found with our MME.

406 10B687 CC 42 VERIFY CUSTOMERS CONCERN VEHICLE HAD NO POWER 12V BATTERY DEAD. LOAD TEST BATTERY WITH DCA 8000 BATTERY FAILED 312C4XXXXXXD PERFORMED BATTERY REPLCEMENT AND RETEST

FOUND U0594 IN BECM, P0DA8 IN SOBDMB, P0D2D, P1A10, U351B,U351F IN SOBDMC. PERFORMED HOTLINE CONTACT PERFORMED PPT CH AND PPT R, RESULTS INCONCLUSIVE. HOTLINE CALL FROM BRENT. FOUND P0AA2 IN VEHICLE HISTORY. PER HOTLINE. LOWERED BATTERY PACK. PERFORMED HIGH VOLTAGE JUNCTION BOX AND BECM REPLACEMENT. PERFORMED BATTERY LEAK TEST-PASS. REINSTALLED BATTERY PACK. PERFORMED REPROGRAMMING AND COOLANT FILL PROCEDURE. CLEARED ALL CODES VEHICLE NOW RUNS AS DESIGNED.

$2,650.50 for parts/labor of 7 hours plus$500 of rental car fees. Was out of service for exactly 4 weeks.
Sponsored