Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
I checked the form you need to send to request CAV decal (https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/file/application-for-clean-air-vehicle-decal-reg-1000-pdf) and it asks for a License Plate number.
Does it mean everybody waits until they get the license plates before applying? It may take a month, which would bring us to Apr 14th and that would make me ineligible to apply for one.
On the other hand some dealerships apparently providing decals at the time of purchase, so maybe some temporary number can suffice. Anybody knows?
Sponsored

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I checked the form you need to send to request CAV decal (https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/file/application-for-clean-air-vehicle-decal-reg-1000-pdf) and it asks for a License Plate number.
Does it mean everybody waits until they get the license plates before applying? It may take a month, which would bring us to Apr 14th and that would make me ineligible to apply for one.
On the other hand some dealerships apparently providing decals at the time of purchase, so maybe some temporary number can suffice. Anybody knows?
Why is April 14th going to make you ineligible?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Because California eligibility requirements are calculated based on the latest year tax return. Until Apr 15th it's TY 2019, after that it will be TY 2020.
I didn't realize there was income qualification for decals. Sounds wrong.

HBGuy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2021 MME Prem LR-RD; 2013 Focus Electric
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
Unless you're expecting a sizable refund, file for an extension of your 2020 return and you're application will be based on the most recent tax return filed, i.e., 2019.

OP
OP
RedStallion

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
For CAV decals, there really isn't an income requirement at all, as if you are above or below the current rebate threshold, you can still receive the CAV decal

Income requirements impact the CVRP eligibility only.

Ford Mustang Mach-E CAV Decals, did you get one? Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 17.01.12
You are right, I somehow thought both programs had the same requirements.

Brian-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X Premium
Country flag
Did you have to wait for your license plates to come in to apply?

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Did you have to wait for your license plates to come in to apply?
I did. I figured that’ll save me the paperwork of changing license plate registrations for the decal program. My plates arrived in about 3 weeks, so it didn’t delay things much anyhow.

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
Technically, until you get your metal plates, your paper plates are your plate number as indicated on the registration documents you signed at the dealer. I applied with my paper plate info as it doesn't say either way on the application. I did get my hard plates about 8-9 days after purchase. When we used to get dealer logo plates with no numbers, you did need hard plates before you could apply.

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
I will add my other EV the stickers were really hard to remove so I bought a vinyl wrap to place between the car and the sticker. Plus it’s rediculous that you have to print out a paper form and mail it in with a check. I had to get a cashier check at my bank - because who still uses checks? Oh had to buy a stamp also.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
So three months after I submitted the form and my 22 dollar check, it comes back from DMV. They say that my dealer did not submit some sort of form which verifies my "engine type". Really? I think you can get all that from the VIN. CA DMV remains the worst.
Sponsored