Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag
I did my research on ceramic coating and decided I’d take a chance and add it to my car. I’m lazy so I went on Groupon and found a great deal $550 for entire vehicle windows and wheels. Was $500 off with 3 yr coverage. Keep your pony’s crossed it’s not a scam. I’ve spoken to the owner and he seems knowledgeable.
I’ll keep you posted!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Travlcub

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Country flag
Maybe on the second go around I’ll attempt it but for now i will let them do it. I’m in Seattle it’s to cold to go outside like that😭

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
My guy used System-X ceramic coating, and did the job for $750 in 2022. Has a 4 year warranty on it too. So far it is holding up very well.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
i recommend doing it yourself. I used Cquartz UK3.0. very forgiving coating for DIY user. Costs $60 and 1-2 Hours.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I would ask the detailer offering the Groupon what exactly does that package include. For example, does it include any machine polishing prior to the application of the ceramic coating, or does that cost extra? Or does he plan to apply the coating without doing any polishing at all?

Even newer cars still require at least a light polishing before the application of a ceramic coating. Any scratches or swirl marks not removed beforehand are going to be "sealed in" once the coating is applied.

OP
OP
Travlcub

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Country flag
I would ask the detailer offering the Groupon what exactly does that package include. For example, does it include any machine polishing prior to the application of the ceramic coating, or does that cost extra? Or does he plan to apply the coating without doing any polishing at all?

Even newer cars still require at least a light polishing before the application of a ceramic coating. Any scratches or swirl marks not removed beforehand are going to be "sealed in" once the coating is applied.
Thank you. I’ve had an extensive conversation with the detailer and yes they will decontaminatize (clay bar) etc. They will inspect for spots swirls I’ve never been through a cash wash since owning not 3 weeks. I’m confident so far

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
These are my go tos
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ceramic Coating/Groupon Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 6.50.49 PM
That is the ceramic coating I am using on the MME. $27 dollars and does it twice. I used the new turtle wax graphene ceramic on the truck this fall. It is a bit more expansive but then a bigger bottle. Seems to be a bit more slick. The new graphene wax is idiot proof to put on. Doing the time test with the 2 of them now.