Racdos

First Name
Rac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium, Audi Q5
Country flag
Bought the car two days ago, super excited to finally find one with the specifications I like.
But ran into problems right away.
After signing finance paperwork, I was told that there was an error message popping up and they needed to look at it, so the car was left at the dealership over night. Picked it up the next day and have noticed two problems

1. Car takes several attempts to start. keeps popping up message to verify that the charger is unplugged (charger was unplugged every time)
2. While driving keeps popping up error message saying, "Powertrain malfunction/Reduced power" and the service soon message stays up. This sometimes clears up by itself.

Probably take it to the dealer soon to check it out, but has anyone had similar issues before?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Rule number when using an ev. Never drain the little 12 volt battery.

in order to avoid it you should always make sure the car is on when playing or sitting in the car. No accessories mode.

I have had no problems in the first 4000 miles.

i was using a dc charger the other day. I notice a car battery next to the one petal symbol. I took that to mean I was on accessories power. I could see how easy it could drain the 12 volt battery.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
i was using a dc charger the other day. I notice a car battery next to the one petal symbol. I took that to mean I was on accessories power. I could see how easy it could drain the 12 volt battery.
I find that red 12V battery symbol during DCFC pretty unnerving. If ever there was a time the vehicle could be topping up the 12V, I would think it'd be when there's an abundance of energy pouring into the car.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just restarted the vehicle. But you are right. Maybe we should install a big 12 volt battery in the frunk.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Rule number when using an ev. Never drain the little 12 volt battery.

in order to avoid it you should always make sure the car is on when playing or sitting in the car. No accessories mode.

I have had no problems in the first 4000 miles.

I’ve studied the manual but I don’t have my MME yet so I’m going to need a 2nd grade level explanation.

When it’s on accessory power the HVB doesn’t recharge the LVB?

Thanks

on edit: I just read the other new thread on the subject and now I’m even more confused.

OP
OP
Racdos

Racdos

First Name
Rac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium, Audi Q5
Country flag
Though I'd post an update.

The powertrain malfunction error persisted and the car started turning off randomly. Always happened when fully stopped at a light or in traffic. The chargeport error persisted.

Ford service has had the car for 5 days now and they don't know whats going on. Doesn't appear to be a simple interference or software issue. They tell me they're talking to Ford hotline.

Seems like a bad unit since I haven't seen similar problems elsewhere in the form but Ford doesn't seem ready for EV service at all.
Sponsored