Charge Rate

DBPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Does anyone have seen a higher than 4kWh charging rate with Ford Mobile Charger Level 2, 240v, 32Amp for Mach E GT?
Sponsored

RosemarieS.

First Name
Frisky Filly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How do you calculate your charging rate? I have exactly the same car & charging equipment as you do. I was told that you multiply the amps times the volts to get the watts (minus 10% loss). So it is just assumed that the car is pulling in 7 kw per hour. I have no readout to confirm this. FordPass shows the duration of the charge, the miles added and the percentage added. I would like to know exactly what my home usage is for charging the car.

OP
OP

DBPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
7.68kW is the rated output power of the Ford Mobile Charger, level 2. However the charging rate of which the Mach-E GT received mostly at 3-4kW, rarely at 5kW.
The latest updates in the FordPass app has the Charge Rate. It also can be calculated by using the Energy added / Charge Time in Hrs. = kWh in average.
In theory, it should charge at 7kWh at the beginning then slowly tapper down to 3kW after 60-65%. The highest charge rate I have seen is at 5kW but very selfdom, typically at 4kW then down to 3kW.
The Ford Connected Charge Station is an option for the Mach E which Ford recommended. This charger has an output of Max 48A / 11.5kW. I want to upgrade the charge to this but unsure of how much AC energy the Mach-E GT can accept.
With DC fast charge, it can take as high as 150-163kW.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charge Rate Screenshot Charging_FordPass

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
However the charging rate of which the Mach-E GT received mostly at 3-4kW, rarely at 5kW.
Your outlet voltage has to be seriously low for this to be the case or the EVSE is faulty. I would check the CB and outlet for excessive resistance which results in heat.

I want to upgrade the charge to this but unsure of how much AC energy the Mach-E GT can accept.
On a 60-amp hardwired install, the MME can charge at 11.5 kWh, with an EVSE that can deliver 48 amps at 240 Vac.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
7.68kW is the rated output power of the Ford Mobile Charger, level 2. However the charging rate of which the Mach-E GT received mostly at 3-4kW, rarely at 5kW.
The latest updates in the FordPass app has the Charge Rate. It also can be calculated by using the Energy added / Charge Time in Hrs. = kWh in average.
In theory, it should charge at 7kWh at the beginning then slowly tapper down to 3kW after 60-65%. The highest charge rate I have seen is at 5kW but very selfdom, typically at 4kW then down to 3kW.
The Ford Connected Charge Station is an option for the Mach E which Ford recommended. This charger has an output of Max 48A / 11.5kW. I want to upgrade the charge to this but unsure of how much AC energy the Mach-E GT can accept.
With DC fast charge, it can take as high as 150-163kW.
You have outlet, wiring, or charger issues slowing your charge rate down. It should always show 6 kW or higher in FordPass. If the amber light turns on, Mobile Charger is bad and should be replaced.

Mach-E will accept up to 48A/11.5 kW.

NC-GT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance
For OP- regarding the time value…
the pics you posted look to be before your charge session was complete. I had a similar reaction this morning when looking at mine. However you will notice that in the snapshot it shows “time on charger” - this number only indicates how long the cable was connected. (Not sure why they even report that)

To see actual Total Charge Time for the completed session:
Select Charging/ Charge Logs/ then select your session from list. Now FordPass shows you the Total Charge Time that you could use.
Sponsored