Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You enter the charger in navigation.

Say you're on the interstate at milemarker 140. You want to precondition for a charger at m/m 100 but it's not in navigation. However there is a charger at m/m 120. You enter the m/m 120 charger in nav and just ignore the directions.

Theoretically, you should arrive with the battery having more time to warm up than if it was in navigation. I've done this to charge at full speed at a new Ultium charger on I81.
So you enter a DIFFERENT charger that's available in the nav, if there's one anywhere in the area.

Yes, that's an option if lucky enough to have a different CCS charger in the area.
Sponsored

Reactions: SWO

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
So you enter a DIFFERENT charger that's available in the nav, if there's one anywhere in the area.

Yes, that's an option if lucky enough to have a different CCS charger in the area.
It should work with Tesla chargers in navigation. It did for me last weekend.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Is it bad faith or incompetence that is stopping Ford from adding a Precondition Button on the screen? Of is there some technical reason?
I'm going to guess that they are afraid that people will not use it properly and because turning on preconditioning can burn more energy then that misuse could cause someone to run out of energy before they get to a charger.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Nice write-up Lee. Why is the ground white? 🤪🐩

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I recently received my A2Z NACS adapter and decided to visit the closest supported Tesla Supercharger for testing (Ford adapter wasn't going to arrive in time for planned trips). Charged from 19% to 80%. In short, everything worked as expected. 👍 Kudos to Tesla and Ford engineers for getting everything worked out so this is a superior charging experience. Parking to get the cable to reach is the worst part.
Searched the thread for anything on theft of the adapter, do you have to stick around and make sure no one absconds with your adapter?

i have never used it but from what I read you can end a DCFC session with the charge button which should allow anyone to walk away with an NACS adapter. Do I have this right or will this not be a concern?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Searched the thread for anything on theft of the adapter, do you have to stick around and make sure no one absconds with your adapter?

i have never used it but from what I read you can end a DCFC session with the charge button which should allow anyone to walk away with an NACS adapter. Do I have this right or will this not be a concern?
That's correct. Unless Ford pushes out a future OTA to only allow the charge port stop button to work with fob/PAAK authorization, anyone can stop the session and pull the adapter. There's no other lock on it beyond the active charging mechanisms.

So leaving a charging car unattended leaves the adapter exposed for a thief. Not sure that would stop us from having lunch nearby, but definitely a nagging concern.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
So leaving a charging car unattended leaves the adapter exposed for a thief. Not sure that would stop us from having lunch nearby, but definitely a nagging concern.
Thanks, an option to disable the button in the settings would be nice, I can’t win a footrace without a big head start.

I also have a Rivian and it doesn’t have a charge disconnect button so perhaps it will be more secure for charging on the road.

DamDoc

First Name
Dr R Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Mach E AWD select; 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Consulting Engineering
Country flag
So many were ordered on that first day that the time you ordered played a big factor for the delivery date. Mine went through at 9:03am with a May delivery date. Later in the day I was hearing August, then September the next day.
I just ordered one today, and they quoted an April 16 delivery date…. Maybe they increased their capacity

david_quick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ordered mine 2/29 as well. Received the shipping notification on 3/14 and received it on 3/20.
Just got an email mine has shipped. So 15 days to ship and 5 days to deliver after shipment.
Sponsored