Clarification of Pricing Expectations (Customer Satisfaction, Bonus Cash, Price Protection)

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
Hey All -

I know there have been some topics already posted around price protection, Bonus Cash, Customer Satisfaction, and such. However, I wanted to ask some clarifying questions to help prepare myself and potentially other buyers before going into the dealer once the car arrives.

I'm planning on going with the Ford Options plan due to the extra Bonus Cash incentive. Below is my current Check List for when I go in. Let me know if I'm missing anything.
• Print and take the original Oder Sheet.
• Review the Ford Options documentation; it will not have the word “lease” anywhere on it and will be a digital document/printed.
• Request Smart Vincent report for any incentive for any APR incentives.

Additionally - Here's a price breakdown as well, with some additional price drops. I have some questions below based on this.

Original OrderSheet Total on 9/11/2022 - $56,640
Window Sticker Updates: $58,815 (including active park assist ($325)
  • ($500) deposit, off window sticker
  • ($750) Customer Satisfaction, off window sticker
  • ($2,000) Ford Options Bonus Cash - zip code confirmed eligible
  • ($2,500) [Difference between Window Sticker (without Active Park Assist Credit? {see Q2}) and Original Order sheet] - Price Protection, Off Window Sticker.
  • (325) Active Park Assist Deduction
Notes for Dealer:
• Vehicle Order Processing Center (VOPC in Ford acronyms), can confirm they will honor price protection between difference in Original Order Sheet and what is shown on the vehicle invoice.
• Dealer can validate Customer Satisfaction offer in Vincent using #38278 or #38276 and customer ID
• Washington State provides first $20,000 of vehicle cost Tax Free.

Here are my questions, that I couldn't find by searching around
  1. Is the $750 customer satisfaction offer for the 2021 to 2022 order conversions still offered in conjunction with Price Protection? The email says this is to help with the price increase, however my assumption is the price protection covers the difference.
  2. Price Protection is advertised to bring the window sticker total down to the original order sheet. Is the (325) credit for the Active Park Assist added after price protection decrease or before?
  3. Are all of the credits above eligible to be combined together? My assumption is, if they are, I'd be eligible for (500) + (750) + (2,000) + (2,500) + (325) [Prices outlined above] off of the current Window sticker.
I appreciate any insight anyone has on the above.
Sponsored

Epps

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Nice comprehensive breakdown of all the pricing and incentives issues to be confirmed with the dealer. My MME is supposed to be ready this week so I will go in armed with the same information.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hey All -

I know there have been some topics already posted around price protection, Bonus Cash, Customer Satisfaction, and such. However, I wanted to ask some clarifying questions to help prepare myself and potentially other buyers before going into the dealer once the car arrives.

I'm planning on going with the Ford Options plan due to the extra Bonus Cash incentive. Below is my current Check List for when I go in. Let me know if I'm missing anything.
• Print and take the original Oder Sheet.
• Review the Ford Options documentation; it will not have the word “lease” anywhere on it and will be a digital document/printed.
• Request Smart Vincent report for any incentive for any APR incentives.

Additionally - Here's a price breakdown as well, with some additional price drops. I have some questions below based on this.

Original OrderSheet Total on 9/11/2022 - $56,640
Window Sticker Updates: $58,815 (including active park assist ($325)
  • ($500) deposit, off window sticker
  • ($750) Customer Satisfaction, off window sticker
  • ($2,000) Ford Options Bonus Cash - zip code confirmed eligible
  • ($2,500) [Difference between Window Sticker (without Active Park Assist Credit? {see Q2}) and Original Order sheet] - Price Protection, Off Window Sticker.
  • (325) Active Park Assist Deduction
Notes for Dealer:
• Vehicle Order Processing Center (VOPC in Ford acronyms), can confirm they will honor price protection between difference in Original Order Sheet and what is shown on the vehicle invoice.
• Dealer can validate Customer Satisfaction offer in Vincent using #38278 or #38276 and customer ID
• Washington State provides first $20,000 of vehicle cost Tax Free.

Here are my questions, that I couldn't find by searching around
  1. Is the $750 customer satisfaction offer for the 2021 to 2022 order conversions still offered in conjunction with Price Protection? The email says this is to help with the price increase, however my assumption is the price protection covers the difference.
  2. Price Protection is advertised to bring the window sticker total down to the original order sheet. Is the (325) credit for the Active Park Assist added after price protection decrease or before?
  3. Are all of the credits above eligible to be combined together? My assumption is, if they are, I'd be eligible for (500) + (750) + (2,000) + (2,500) + (325) [Prices outlined above] off of the current Window sticker.
I appreciate any insight anyone has on the above.
There should be nothing done with the window sticker. Dealership should access your DORA from the price change in late September / October.

Then the $750 off, the options cash, and the $325 park assist deduction.

1) Yes. Price Protection simply gives the DEALER the increase they made, it's irrelevant to you.
2) Irrelevant. If you're getting that credit, it comes off the October price.
3) No, you have a credit for Price Protection that shouldn't be there.

OP
OP
PNWJustin

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
There should be nothing done with the window sticker. Dealership should access your DORA from the price change in late September / October.

Then the $750 off, the options cash, and the $325 park assist deduction.

1) Yes. Price Protection simply gives the DEALER the increase they made, it's irrelevant to you.
2) Irrelevant. If you're getting that credit, it comes off the October price.
3) No, you have a credit for Price Protection that shouldn't be there.
I guess I was mostly confused with the fact price protection is used to cover the price increase from the 2022 order price increases and customer satisfaction is intended to help assist with a price change for the 2021 to 2022 conversions.

You’re saying my dealer should honor the price of a 2021 order for a 2022 vehicle?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No. Price changed when it converted to a 2022. Mine went up $595. The $750 rebate covers that.

Any price change after that the dealer gets rebated to him Irrelevant to you.
Sponsored