Price protection clarification on incentives/APR

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The date your ordered, which should be within a day of the day the dealer accepted the order online, which has nothing to do with the paperwork.
Sponsored

Epps

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
The date your ordered, which should be within a day of the day the dealer accepted the order online, which has nothing to do with the paperwork.

Got it. Thanks. My MME is scheduled to be delivered sometime next week. I'm hoping that I won't get the run around on price protection and Options incentives, but will be ready for it, just in case.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
What about if an order is changed (same trim, w/ changes to options like AWD, floor mats, color)? Would the Price Protection Date be the original order date, or the date the order was changed?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What about if an order is changed (same trim, w/ changes to options like AWD, floor mats, color)? Would the Price Protection Date be the original order date, or the date the order was changed?
I believe if you make a major change like AWD, that would reset things, but your dealer would know that answer.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
I believe if you make a major change like AWD, that would reset things, but your dealer would know that answer.
Thank you, I don't know what is considered a "major" change. For what it's worth, my dealer says any change to the order will reset the Protection Date to the date the order was changed. I am curious what others experienced that have taken delivery on a changed order with Price Protection.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you, I don't know what is considered a "major" change. For what it's worth, my dealer says any change to the order will reset the Protection Date to the date the order was changed. I am curious what others experienced that have taken delivery on a changed order with Price Protection.
I only made one change when they moved me from a 2021 to a 2022, removing the floor liners. But, I was repriced in October 2021 when they made this change, and given a $750 incentive to counteract the change (ended up I saved like $155), so don't know. There are posts where people made changes and said what happened, but I haven't followed them too closely.