Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME on order, 02 Honda S2K
Occupation
QA Manager
Country flag
My mach-e was delivered this week and I went in yesterday to pick it up. Salesperson and dealer understand price protection which was a good start. However when going thru Vincent to see incentives at time of order, no incentives or APR show up. They are looking into it with Ford.

Is it possible to get price protection and choose current APR/incentive offers? I thought I saw in a thread that if you went with price protection then you are stuck with incentive at time of order.
Sponsored

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
My mach-e was delivered this week and I went in yesterday to pick it up. Salesperson and dealer understand price protection which was a good start. However when going thru Vincent to see incentives at time of order, no incentives or APR show up. They are looking into it with Ford.

Is it possible to get price protection and choose current APR/incentive offers? I thought I saw in a thread that if you went with price protection then you are stuck with incentive at time of order.
I have no idea about your second question but in regards to incentives at time of order, somebody recently reported in another thread that if you were a MY21 order that was moved to MY22, the transfer date (late September) happened at a time when no MY22 incentives were available. Those who ordered a MY22 in October or after were unaffected. Super lame for those impacted.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There is a spot for them to check a box to change to "time of order".

My dealership's GM has already told me that I can get everything that existed back on 5/29/21, including 0.9% financing (not options) for 36 or 48 months. Options was 2.25% and $1,000 in SE Michigan back then, so a traditional loan is a better deal.

OP
OP

Ngnstrt

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
QA Manager
Country flag
There is a spot for them to check a box to change to "time of order".

My dealership's GM has already told me that I can get everything that existed back on 5/29/21, including 0.9% financing (not options) for 36 or 48 months. Options was 2.25% and $1,000 in SE Michigan back then, so a traditional loan is a better deal.
I saw over the salesperson’s shoulder that there toggling between ‘Sale Date’ and ‘Protection Date’ for Incentive Based On
I’ll check with them to see if there’s another checkbox to look for. Thanks.

OP
OP

Ngnstrt

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
QA Manager
Country flag
I have no idea about your second question but in regards to incentives at time of order, somebody recently reported in another thread that if you were a MY21 order that was moved to MY22, the transfer date (late September) happened at a time when no MY22 incentives were available. Those who ordered a MY22 in October or after were unaffected. Super lame for those impacted.
Interesting. I guess I left out some details about order timing.

I ordered a ‘21 in early Aug 2021. Based on email confirmation of ‘22 order acceptance, I was moved to a ‘22 in Oct ‘21. If that’s the case, I’m not sure which date Ford uses for incentives?

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Interesting. I guess I left out some details about order timing.

I ordered a ‘21 in early Aug 2021. Based on email confirmation of ‘22 order acceptance, I was moved to a ‘22 in Oct ‘21. If that’s the case, I’m not sure which date Ford uses for incentives?
I found the post I was thinking about: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/1-31-build-week-gang.12257/page-73#post-391990
You might want to reach out to @nhammerschmidt because he posted this before he took delivery and I'm not sure how it ended up.

Clearly, no dealer experience is the same... Good luck!

OP
OP

Ngnstrt

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
QA Manager
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The date where the order changed from 2021 to 2022 is not an incentive date for locking. It should be the original date (mine is 5/29/21) or the delivery date.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag

I am not aware of any incentives. At least your dealer is in Vincent and is honoring the price protection. I am working with my dealer. They are honoring price protection but they are giving me some bovine scatology about me having to pay full price and Ford paying me via check. I keep trying to steer them toward calling Ford to get the correct information.

OP
OP

Ngnstrt

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
QA Manager
Country flag
I am not aware of any incentives. At least your dealer is in Vincent and is honoring the price protection. I am working with my dealer. They are honoring price protection but they are giving me some bovine scatology about me having to pay full price and Ford paying me via check. I keep trying to steer them toward calling Ford to get the correct information.
I was told the same info and I was tabling until I got this incentive issue resolved. They also said the 45 day quote that’s been shared around is actually looking closer to 90 days?!?

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I was told the same info and I was tabling until I got this incentive issue resolved. They also said the 45 day quote that’s been shared around is actually looking closer to 90 days?!?
I hope you got them to honor the price and not want to charge you. I bet the 90 day is more reality, but that really does not matter. They have to get money from Ford on warranty work, recalls, incentives, and all the other money they get. The price protection is free money to them and they can afford to wait.

OP
OP

Ngnstrt

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
QA Manager
Country flag
Their argument (not a great one at all) is that Ford may come back with questions to me about price protection on this particular order that need to be answered. I said they should also have the answers to any discrepancy. Said it was the GMs interpretation of price protection and they are providing some language on a due bill stating such intention of price protection.

Like 99% of the others in this predicament, I am amazed at how difficult this is.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Their argument (not a great one at all) is that Ford may come back with questions to me about price protection on this particular order that need to be answered. I said they should also have the answers to any discrepancy. Said it was the GMs interpretation of price protection and they are providing some language on a due bill stating such intention of price protection.

Like 99% of the others in this predicament, I am amazed at how difficult this is.
It is not difficult, your dealer is making it more difficult for themselves lol

OP
OP

Ngnstrt

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
QA Manager
Country flag
Good news is that I took delivery today! I'm super excited to finally drive it after waiting for over 8 months!

After talking to Ford, we settled on taking current incentives for Ford Options (2.74% and $2k incentive). While I think the offers at time of order were better I ended up deciding the continued back and forth wasn't worth the time or energy.

Thanks for everyone's help, advice, and insight!

Epps

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
The date where the order changed from 2021 to 2022 is not an incentive date for locking. It should be the original date (mine is 5/29/21) or the delivery date.
When you say "original date" does that mean the date we placed the "order request" online at Ford.com (which for me is 8/31/21), or the date that I signed the order form at the dealer (which wasn't until 9/22/21).

Thanks
Sponsored