Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If you ever see me dumping an ash tray cup anywhere, I’m trying to signal you that I’ve been kidnapped and need help. Same thing if I’m spotted drinking decaf coffee.
Cats and dogs really do think alike. 😁🐩
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Sure, I'll clean up. Soon.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
You think it is bolt drivers littering? Or they charge slow? Wonder how many ev drivers hate the fucking mustang cause it charges slow and folks use the 350 chargers?
I don’t think. I know they do. 90% of vehicles charging at my station are bolts. And it’s a dumpster. I see them do it.

The vast majority of bolt drivers who charge there are Ubers. They are not from the area and are not shopping for groceries at Whole Foods. So they pick up a meal from a fast food store, enter the garage, and spend the requisite 60-90 min to charge. They eat their meal and smoke weed (which is of course legal, until you start driving under the influence). Do they “clean up after themselves” (the title of your thread)? No, they do not. Despite having to walk right next to a trash bin to validate their parking ticket on their way out.

Of course not all bolt drivers do this. But the people who do this are bolt drivers.

Last edited:

PharaohHound138

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E premium
Occupation
Railroad
Country flag
I would be far more likely to believe that it is EV haters throwing trash there than EV owners but, what do I know?

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I would be far more likely to believe that it is EV haters throwing trash there than EV owners but, what do I know?
Oh how I wish that were the case. Many folks have no shame and throw it on the ground while you are looking.

ChehRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext. Range
Occupation
ret
Country flag
Garbage cans, window washing, toilets, eats, maybe in 'shelter from the storm'. Somehow there needs to be some sort of way for this to be profitable for the store locations where we want to charge our cars. $10(?) coupon to use in the store?

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I don’t think. I know they do. 90% of vehicles charging at my station are bolts. And it’s a dumpster. I see them do it.

The vast majority of bolt drivers who charge there are Ubers. They are not from the area and are not shopping for groceries at Whole Foods. So they pick up a meal from a fast food store, enter the garage, and spend the requisite 60-90 min to charge. They eat their meal and smoke weed (which is of course legal, until you start driving under the influence). Do they “clean up after themselves” (the title of your thread)? No, they do not. Despite having to walk right next to a trash bin to validate their parking ticket on their way out.

Of course not all bolt drivers do this. But the people who do this are bolt drivers.
Taken several road trips. It is not just the Bolt uber drivers. It the Mach e's, the Porsche tycans, the lightning, ioniqs, lucid etc. All I ask is that YOU clean up after yourself. Again what you do when no one is looking says a lot about you. Blaming pot smoking, fast food eating, uber bolt drivers, I don't think solves the problem or is even the problem.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Taken several road trips. It is not just the Bolt uber drivers. It the Mach e's, the Porsche tycans, the lightning, ioniqs, lucid etc. All I ask is that YOU clean up after yourself. Again what you do when no one is looking says a lot about you. Blaming pot smoking, fast food eating, uber bolt drivers, I don't think solves the problem or is even the problem.
Ok, boomer

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Had a first on a trip recently. Pulled into Brugh's Mill in VA at the EA station and they had trash cans and window washing squeegees available. :eek: The also have 4 machines, all 350kw. I have used it a few times in the past but this was a big improvement to see.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
What I find weird is that fueling stations for ICE vehicles provide car side amenities such as trash cans and windshield squeegees, for people who will be at the station for, at most 5 minutes, yet charging stations can’t even provide a trash can for people who will be there for 30 minutes 🤔

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Garbage cans, window washing, toilets, eats, maybe in 'shelter from the storm'. Somehow there needs to be some sort of way for this to be profitable for the store locations where we want to charge our cars. $10(?) coupon to use in the
Ok, boomer
Yes I am a boomer. Not sure what that has to do with cleaning up after yourself.
Your mom is not there to clean up up after you.
Or boomers are the last to have any class Or manners?
Or you just entitled to have others clean up after you?

ChehRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext. Range
Occupation
ret
Country flag
Not just who is going to clean up after you. Who is going to pay for the services that a traveler wants? Garbage can overflow if they are not serviced, bathrooms and their cleaning require servicing. EV charging is expensive even before you consider ancillary services. Ultimately the customer has to pay for it. The mysterous 'you' is all of us wanting maintained services along with charging.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There are low lifes who do this at my employer’s parking lot. I occasionally drive in and see refuse stewn about parking spaces. It’s lame, no matter where people do it. 😕🐩

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@milepost1 You seem angry. It’s Sunday. I don’t like to engage in conflict on Sundays. Come back tomorrow and we can arm wrestle then.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag