Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
It would be surprising if the issue with my car was also present in your car, built more than a year later. It is probably something else, or maybe nothing to worry about at all.
Thanks for the reply. It's just weird to hear that clicking sound which wasn't present for the first 2-3 months of ownership.

If if does need service, I assume we can take our vehicles to any Ford dealer for warranty stuff and not just the one we purchased it from?
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. It's just weird to hear that clicking sound which wasn't present for the first 2-3 months of ownership.

If if does need service, I assume we can take our vehicles to any Ford dealer for warranty stuff and not just the one we purchased it from?
Yep! Any Ford dealer will look at it. You might want to verify they are EV certified first, though. Most at this point probably are, but if not, you definitely want to take it to one that has an EV tech or two.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
My dealer told me I might have to pay if the clicking noise was not an issue. They called me ten minutes later and said it’s a known issue and will be fully covered.

Still waiting for the parts to arrive but it’s all good if I drive in straight lines.

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
My dealer told me I might have to pay if the clicking noise was not an issue. They called me ten minutes later and said it’s a known issue and will be fully covered.

Still waiting for the parts to arrive but it’s all good if I drive in straight lines.
What exactly did they say the problem is and what parts were ordered to fix it?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
What exactly did they say the problem is and what parts were ordered to fix it?
They replaced what I assume are struts but I didn’t actually ask what the remaining bits are. I assumed from previous threads it will be half axles?

I’m at the two year Mark so I’ve done a few little things gearing up to next years end of mechanical warranty.

Had a small panel behind the wheel come loose. They took the wheel arch off and replaced that part. And my luggage cover was coming off all the time so they replaced that. Is about US$500 they said, so good for them to resolve.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I started hearing a clicking from the front while backing out of my work parking spot or garage a month ago or so while turning. I have a 2022 premium that was built in October 2022 and now has less than 2k miles on it. Is it possible to have this issue based on the clicking sound I'm hearing, the build date and the low mileage?

This is really disappointing if so, since I came from a Honda Accord that basically had zero issues for 16 years.
Hey there. I can look into your Mach-E’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
Hey there. I can look into your Mach-E’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
I did send you a PM with this message yesterday. Please let me know if you didn't receive it. Thanks!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The known problem is the half shafts. After they replaced mine, I haven't had the issue.

ryi0205

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD XR Space White
Country flag
I have a 2023 Premium AWD that I picked up at the end of January after it arrived at my dealer. My wife and I drove through some sharp winding roads yesterday and when I made a sharp left or right turn going 25 miles or less, there was clicking noise coming from the front wheel areas. The car only has approx. 1,200 miles at this point. Could my issue be the same as what other have been experiencing?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a 2023 Premium AWD that I picked up at the end of January after it arrived at my dealer. My wife and I drove through some sharp winding roads yesterday and when I made a sharp left or right turn going 25 miles or less, there was clicking noise coming from the front wheel areas. The car only has approx. 1,200 miles at this point. Could my issue be the same as what other have been experiencing?
It sounds like it. I am surprised you have the problem as I would have expected the fix to be included with 22 production.

If you are going 10 mph or so, and jam the steering wheel to the left or right, do you get a loud clunk? You probably don't do that, and I don't normally either but I made a sharp U-turn at speed and I thought my front axle was going to break off. Try that.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I had my half shafts replaced this week and my clicking noise when turning hard is now gone.

ryi0205

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD XR Space White
Country flag
It sounds like it. I am surprised you have the problem as I would have expected the fix to be included with 22 production.

If you are going 10 mph or so, and jam the steering wheel to the left or right, do you get a loud clunk? You probably don't do that, and I don't normally either but I made a sharp U-turn at speed and I thought my front axle was going to break off. Try that.
I will give that a try this weekend and see if I can replicate the noise. I’m disappointed that it could be happening to this 2023 model built last last year. Makes you wonder whether truly fix the issue from the 2021’s, but maybe they did and I just got one of the few that is malfunctioning even with the fix.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will give that a try this weekend and see if I can replicate the noise. I’m disappointed that it could be happening to this 2023 model built last last year. Makes you wonder whether truly fix the issue from the 2021’s, but maybe they did and I just got one of the few that is malfunctioning even with the fix.
I misread your post and definitely it should have been fixed prior to 2023 production. But if you can get the "clunk" with aggressive turns at slow speeds, it is very likely the same issue. Wow.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I was just informed that the required one-time use bolts needed to install my new front half-shafts are on backorder, with no eta. Dang!

Is there any way to get them to give me an electric loaner instead of a gas one?
Sponsored