Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
So it sounds like my diagnosis is correct - it is a CV joint, but not because of a torn boot or lack of grease. It is a design that needs to be improved upon on early cars?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So it sounds like my diagnosis is correct - it is a CV joint, but not because of a torn boot or lack of grease. It is a design that needs to be improved upon on early cars?
Not sure if it has been improved though. Seems similar to the brake pad/rotor TSB, it still happens on cars outside the range and cars within the build date range have the issue multiple times, so the replacement isn't any better.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I had my driver's-side axle replaced twice, and the passenger side replaced once. I have 21,000 miles.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Print out the SSM and hand it to the service guy when you drop off the car. I had the same problem and they replaced both half shafts under warranty about 10,000 miles ago. Since then, no recurrence.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have a MME-FE Job 1 with 18k miles. For the past month, I've heard a clicking sound when I turn the car around a corner. I only notice it at slower speeds (under 15) and the tighter the turn and the faster the turn, the louder the clicking. It's most often heard when taking off around a corner from a stop.
It sounds like it's coming from the wheels and the clicking 'rate' is perhaps 6-8 per second for the few seconds of the turn. As soon as I straighten it out, the clicking stops. I don't hear it at higher speeds and gentler turns.
Any thoughts on the source of the noise?
Hi Sean. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Ive had the same issue for almost a year. I took it to the dealer last summer and they said they couldn't find the parts to fix it. Took it again last week, they said the noise was normal. Absolutely the worst customer service

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
I gave up on this issue with my car. I had clicking and after over a month of the dealer not being able to figure it out, they just decided it was the tires making noise and gave it back to me. Not going back to that dealer again.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I dunno if it was a design problem, or a run of bad parts, or a period of assembly that may have had production/assembly issues.

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
Just got my '21 FE back from the dealer. They are waiting on parts to replace both front (half?) axles due to "creaking" (my description) in the front end while turning. Will update when complete.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Just got my '21 FE back from the dealer. They are waiting on parts to replace both front (half?) axles due to "creaking" (my description) in the front end while turning. Will update when complete.
Can you let us know what your Dealership had to do to get this remove/replace authorized so parts could be ordered and service done under warranty?

Was Dealership Service verification of 'creaking/clicking/clunking' all that was required?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you let us know what your Dealership had to do to get this remove/replace authorized so parts could be ordered and service done under warranty?

Was Dealership Service verification of 'creaking/clicking/clunking' all that was required?
That's all my dealer did. And then they gave the car back to me while we waited for the parts to come in.

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
I started hearing a clicking from the front while backing out of my work parking spot or garage a month ago or so while turning. I have a 2022 premium that was built in October 2022 and now has less than 2k miles on it. Is it possible to have this issue based on the clicking sound I'm hearing, the build date and the low mileage?

This is really disappointing if so, since I came from a Honda Accord that basically had zero issues for 16 years.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I started hearing a clicking from the front while backing out of my work parking spot or garage a month ago or so while turning. I have a 2022 premium that was built in October 2022 and now has less than 2k miles on it. Is it possible to have this issue based on the clicking sound I'm hearing, the build date and the low mileage?

This is really disappointing if so, since I came from a Honda Accord that basically had zero issues for 16 years.
It would be surprising if the issue with my car was also present in your car, built more than a year later. It is probably something else, or maybe nothing to worry about at all.
Sponsored