stevec73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Disgruntled people.tend to make more noise than content people, that's what you're seeing. I wouldn't worry. The car is amazing.
I see these forums as a great resource to help us sort out issues we may be having, not just to complain. Agree that you’ll typically be able to find more “targeted negative content,” and that’s totally the point.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
These posts seem to indicate the MME is worth the price of admission
You betchabottomdollar!

seen this below I posted elsewhere - the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and boy, have I eaten some MME pudding😁

Stats are in for 65,466 miles & 27mths.

Total kWh bought 22,067 for £5,784.25

74.96% 16,542 Kwh at home cost £2,607.10
25.04% 5,526.48kWh on DCfC for £3,141.15

So 25.04% 2,600kWh on DCFC cost 54.65% of total and battery still on 95

Av £0.16/kWh home and £0.57/kWh DCFC

If ICE @ 48mpg & £1.50/litre would cost £9274.35 in petrol.

Therefore, fuel saving using EV (MME RWD ER) = £3,526.10 which is 38.02%.

Overall average is £0.09/mile, last 3-month average at recent high energy prices is £0.12/mile.

Additional savings achieved over ICE use are those on income tax company BIK (car tax) and Corporarion Tax breaks = mucho savings 😁

E&OE

You could substitute fuel & electricity unit prices for your part of the world to work out a comparison relative to local conditions.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I joined here just this month to ascertain what it is to own a Mach E. Before finding this thread, the other information on the forum has not painted a good picture for owning an EV nor a Mach E. Being no stranger to internet car forums, for sure there are threads regarding problematic ownership issues, but the Mach E seems to have some fundamental hardware flaws. Hopefully they are overblown or been cured by now.
<SNIP>
The major flaw is the HVBJB, which was mostly fixed with the June 2022 revision to the part. There're still failures, but the rate of failure of the new part seems to be significantly lower than of the old part. For GT and GT-Performance Edition owners, the other major flaw is the 5 second limit. This is being addressed because it's in software, but I don't expect to see an OTA for it any time soon. 🤷‍♂️🐩

The other issues mostly seem to be software, most of which were in 2021 Job1 cars (no Blue Cruise Hands-Free, no electronic frunk release, etc.). Most of those have been addressed (although the frunk release needs to be activated via a manual software update since Ford STILL hasn't created an OTA package for that after shipping the software pre-installed on cars for over 2 years). 🤪🐩

There were a bunch of half-shaft issues (clunking/noisy/bad CV joints) and some failed electric oil pumps. There were the stuck brake pad issues. There were the panoramic roof and windshield seal recalls. On a new 2023, those issues don't exist. 😊🐩

Oh, and I wrote the Model 3 and Model Y off of my list as soon as I found that they don't have an instrument panel. At the time that I was looking at an EV, there really wasn't anything else in my price range that was even slightly interesting. The good thing about now is there are more choices, including the Mach-E. Oh, and also since the Mach-E is a mature platform now there are a zillion customizing options and even some performance options available for it. 😎🐩

OP
OP
Chris D

Chris D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aston Martin Vantage V8, Mustang Mach-E Premium EX
Country flag
I joined here just this month to ascertain what it is to own a Mach E. Before finding this thread, the other information on the forum has not painted a good picture for owning an EV nor a Mach E. Being no stranger to internet car forums, for sure there are threads regarding problematic ownership issues, but the Mach E seems to have some fundamental hardware flaws. Hopefully they are overblown or been cured by now. These posts seem to indicate the MME is worth the price of admission.

I've been looking at the MME for over a year now while I waited 2+ years for my Bronco to roll out of the factory chute (meaning I was considering bailing on the Bronco - didn't). I test drove a Select SR RWD earlier this month. I have to say it is a superior product to the Tesla Model 3/Y in appearance and build quality. While the EV underpinnings of the Teslas are probably better engineered than Ford's, the presentation of the Tesla as a vehicle is just dreadful. The MME has much better presence as a quality-built automobile (that said about a Ford :cool:). And driver-centric gauges, what a concept!

To the OP, thanks for making this thread.
Hi @Efthreeoh, happy to read that you found my input informative. I tried to give my honest and neutral impressions indeed.

I've been driving it for just over two months now, and I still enjoy every single drive. Just did a business trip Brussels to Amsterdam and back on a single charge and still had 70km left in the battery, which is albolutely amazing.

And the driving comfort is so high with all the driver assists that besically drive the car for you, especially on highways.

Couldn't agree more with you regarding the build quality comparison with it's main rival. Also the pure looks of it both interior and exterior is so much nicer on the Mach E. And that instrument cluster, such a big plus, giving you all the driver info you need all the time.

I haven't had any strange things or problems with the 2023 built, seems the first gen issues have been addressed well.
Still my favorite car ever after a few months ownership.

OP
OP
Chris D

Chris D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Additional savings achieved over ICE use are those on income tax company BIK (car tax) and Corporarion Tax breaks = mucho savings 😁
Indeed @Teslaeata, it's not only the savings vs the ICE fuel cost, but these tax reductions are quite considerable too. In Belgium, the car investment or lease and the electricity consumption are 100% deductible, which is only the case for electric vehicles.

OP
OP
Chris D

Chris D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, and I wrote the Model 3 and Model Y off of my list as soon as I found that they don't have an instrument panel. At the time that I was looking at an EV, there really wasn't anything else in my price range that was even slightly interesting.
Same here @HuntingPudel. This instrument cluster in the Mach E is great. It's clear and gives you all important data at a glance.
Even today with the broader choice of EV brands and prices coming down on several other brands, I'd still go for the Mach E. Just looks so much better and the finishing is higher quality than many of it's direct competitors.
Sponsored