Compelled to be positive about the Mach-E... for good reasons

EVCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium RWD Std, Cyber Orange
Occupation
(No longer "MachNCheese"! Long live "EVCheese".)
Country flag
Someone asked me the other day if I have any gripes with the car. (I'm just shy of 1,700 miles on it now.) No gripes. A bucketload of nits. But no major gripes. Ford did a pretty good job here.
Sponsored

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
re: Heat This is my third Arizona summer with the MME, with temps regularly at 110F+ every summer because that's normal in the desert. My concerns about heat through the glass roof were unfounded, as it's no problem. My concerns about the A/C being enough to cope were unfounded. My concerns about the interior leather seats getting hot have not come to pass - but as was mentioned be sure to start remotely 5 minutes early if you've had to park in the sun. The only heat-related issue is the on-screen temperature indicator is always much hotter than reality. Yesterday it was 115F here in Phoenix, but the car told me it was 137F as I pulled into my driveway.

Some on this forum would call that a major failing by Ford designers and scream that they need to fix it NOW. That's because this is an internet forum and some people like to scream about anything. Me, I just laugh at it. Or as I did yesterday, snap a cell photo of the high reading and text it to my brother in Chicago with a "you think you got it hot?" message. :)

OP
OP
Chris D

Chris D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aston Martin Vantage V8, Mustang Mach-E Premium EX
Country flag
Great to read these positive experiences you all have with your Mach-E's.
Keep 'm coming. It's refreshing!

Reactions: TTF

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
low operating cost (except for the accessories I throw at it)
<SNIP>
Heh, i think most of us have this little addiction. I have spent entirely too much on @AOSK stuff, FDRS rig, other specific tools, etc. Then again, I had very few tools when I bought my first donor car and my Trans Am, so I spent a ton on enough tools to break down and build an engine, and to remove/reinstall it. So maybe I haven’t gone overboard yet. 🤪🐩

Someone asked me the other day if I have any gripes with the car. (I'm just shy of 1,700 miles on it now.) No gripes. A bucketload of nits. But no major gripes. Ford did a pretty good job here.
Overall, I still think it’s a great car, for a driver. 😊🐩

My major gripe when I first got my car wasn’t to do with the car itself, but on how long it took to schedule and build after waiting over a year on reservation. I wasn’t able to give my mom (the Mustang owner in the family) the death ride she asked for when I told her I reserved the GT-PE Since the stupid cancer took her before production started. This isn’t anyone’s fault, just how life goes. 🤷‍♂️🐩 My gripe right now is the 5 second limit. I was sold a track-capable car and I got a stoplight special. 🤦‍♂️🐩

OP
OP
Chris D

Chris D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Heh, i think most of us have this little addiction. I have spent entirely too much on @AOSK stuff, FDRS rig, other specific tools, etc. Then again, I had very few tools when I bought my first donor car and my Trans Am, so I spent a ton on enough tools to break down and build an engine, and to remove/reinstall it. So maybe I haven’t gone overboard yet. 🤪🐩

Overall, I still think it’s a great car, for a driver. 😊🐩

My major gripe when I first got my car wasn’t to do with the car itself, but on how long it took to schedule and build after waiting over a year on reservation. I wasn’t able to give my mom (the Mustang owner in the family) the death ride she asked for when I told her I reserved the GT-PE Since the stupid cancer took her before production started. This isn’t anyone’s fault, just how life goes. 🤷‍♂️🐩 My gripe right now is the 5 second limit. I was sold a track-capable car and I got a stoplight special. 🤦‍♂️🐩
Sorry to hear about jour mom :(. Wish you lots of strength.
And I get the 5 second limit would be frustrating for anyone getting the GT.
Mine is just the premium, so don't have that limitation.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sorry to hear about jour mom :(. Wish you lots of strength.
And I get the 5 second limit would be frustrating for anyone getting the GT.
Mine is just the premium, so don't have that limitation.
It’s a legit gripe, and I’ve got it too. But, it’s the only real gripe I currently have. Everything else is pretty fantastic.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
It’s a legit gripe, and I’ve got it too. But, it’s the only real gripe I currently have. Everything else is pretty fantastic.
Yep. It has its little quirks. Like I hate the rotary shifter. For me, it's a plain stupid idea. I use it because it's all I have anf I'll live with it but I hate the thing. Most everything else is mildly annoying or I can pretty much ignore. Once I get the HVBJB blown up, I can probably kiss one more annoyance goodbye. 🤷‍♂️🐩

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yep. It has its little quirks. Like I hate the rotary shifter. For me, it's a plain stupid idea. I use it because it's all I have anf I'll live with it but I hate the thing. Most everything else is mildly annoying or I can pretty much ignore. Once I get the HVBJB blown up, I can probably kiss one more annoyance goodbye. 🤷‍♂️🐩
That’s already happened to me, twice, both times were annoying, but could have been 10 times worse.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It certainly is a very small thing, but I too do not like the rotary shifter......I would very much like a regular shifter, feels better.......again small thing but......this is my second MME ('23 Premium)

OP
OP
Chris D

Chris D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great to hear, Mark!

I was taking a 10 minute break today on a highway parking lot during a long drive for work. A guy parked next to me, and asked me if I was happy about the Mach-E.

Seems he ordered exactly the same as mine and awaiting delivery. Obviously he was over the moon to hear how happy I was with Musti.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Great to hear, Mark!

I was taking a 10 minute break today on a highway parking lot during a long drive for work. A guy parked next to me, and asked me if I was happy about the Mach-E.

Seems he ordered exactly the same as mine and awaiting delivery. Obviously he was over the moon to hear how happy I was with Musti.
Whilst on charge one day a guy came over to talk to me about the Stang he was actually on his way to collect, his concerns about how to get charges were allayed when I explained using ZapMap and the charge point providers’ apps mean even the high mileage I drive I’m never disappointed when I arrive at a charge point, never have to queue for a charge point and that the car’s just a joy to own & drive.

Anybody from Ford listening, commission can be paid direct to my bank……..account numbers to folllow😁

VegasWeezy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium MME ER RWD in Space White
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
So glad to see another positive post on here. We need more of them.
I would love to know how your longer term experience is after reading so many complaints recently. I drove a demo model that was passed around to Ford dealers when they came out and was blown away with how good the car was compared to my son's Tesla 3 build quality wise. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a EV but recent owner complaints on this forum have me wondering. I could say the same thing about the Corvette C8 forum I follow however as I own a 21 C8 and it has been absolutely trouble free for two years. That forum would have you believe the DCT was nothing but trouble and that is just not the case.
I've had my MME for almost exactly a year now and have put roughly 7,300 miles on it. I absolutely love it and have zero regrets. I have had no service issues with it and I think the quality of the vehicle is quite high in all respects.

As others have pointed out, almost all forums will be dominated by the complaints or the talk of problems.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
As others have pointed out, almost all forums will be dominated by the complaints or the talk of problems

Twas ever thus.

Couldn’t resist parking behind this today just so I had a picture of a real Mustang and that yellow one in front 😜

Also saw a ‘65 ‘Stang and an MME in use by Ambulance service down that London Town today on another 320 mile day trip.

Yet more miles of smiles 😁😁😁😁😁

IMG_2091.jpeg
Sponsored