Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hi All,

It has been a while since I've posted. I still got my Mach-E and for the most part things are going well. There is something that has been happening lately while driving that is eroding my confidence in my safety in this vehicle.

When I am on the highway, I usually always have adaptive cruise control on with lane centering on. Lately, at least four times now, I would be driving and the car would abruptly cut the accelerator and flash "Adaptive Cruise" in the driver console. Another time the car jerked the steering to the right for a split second as well. This is literally terrifying when this happens. The most interesting thing that I've noticed is that when this does happen it always happens when there is a semi on the right side of my car when I'm passing. It makes me wonder if there is some kind of equipment in semis that are throwing the electronics or what.

Anyone had this experience yet? I've tried looking to see if Ford has some kind of Mach-E specific feedback/comments email address, but I haven't found one yet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Nothing here. I have about 1000 miles with Bluecruise and 3-4K miles with adaptive. I would suggest duplicating and recording it on a camera (not in your hand) so you can show your dealer. If you do not you will get the "cannot duplicate" issue response. Also, make sure you sensors are clean, It effects the "wander" factor for sure.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hi All,

It has been a while since I've posted. I still got my Mach-E and for the most part things are going well. There is something that has been happening lately while driving that is eroding my confidence in my safety in this vehicle.

When I am on the highway, I usually always have adaptive cruise control on with lane centering on. Lately, at least four times now, I would be driving and the car would abruptly cut the accelerator and flash "Adaptive Cruise" in the driver console. Another time the car jerked the steering to the right for a split second as well. This is literally terrifying when this happens. The most interesting thing that I've noticed is that this always happens when there is a semi on the right side of my car when I'm passing. It makes me wonder if there is some kind of equipment in semis that are throwing the electronics or what.

Anyone had this experience yet? I've tried looking to see if Ford has some kind of Mach-E specific feedback/comments email address, but I haven't found one yet.
Job 1 or Job 2?
What PowerUp are you on?

I'm hoping some newer software will help.

OP
OP
Pibbman

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Job 1 or Job 2?
What PowerUp are you on?

I'm hoping some newer software will help.
I believe it is Job 1 (12/20) and I'm on Ford Power-up 2.4.1

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I believe it is Job 1 (12/20) and I'm on Ford Power-up 2.4.1
The series of updates that should soon take you up to 2.5.3 and BlueCruise should both improve the hands-on ADAS and add Hands-Free.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
And don’t forget to send your VIN, dealer, blood type, and hidden Swiss bank account details so they can look into it ???
In all honesty, do reach out to @Ford Motor Company and let them know you’re having an issue.

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Select RWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi All,

When I am on the highway, I usually always have adaptive cruise control on with lane centering on. Lately, at least four times now, I would be driving and the car would abruptly cut the accelerator and flash "Adaptive Cruise" in the driver console. Another time the car jerked the steering to the right for a split second as well. This is literally terrifying when this happens. The most interesting thing that I've noticed is that when this does happen it always happens when there is a semi on the right side of my car when I'm passing. It makes me wonder if there is some kind of equipment in semis that are throwing the electronics or what.

In my opinion and experience the self driving technology and assist just isn't ready. Don't trust it, don't use it.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Hi All,

I have had the same issue with mine (have only had it for a month) but, every time I use bluecruise, the car will want to drive into a semi whenever I am passing it. This only happens when they are on the right side of me though. Not sure what is going on but there have been a few occasions where I have had to grab the wheel and take control.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I will say that I have had a few issues with lane centering. From what I can tell it depends on how well the cameras can see the lines on the road. It's winter here in Minnesota so hard to see the lines on snow covered roads. it gives me any trouble I turn it off. I do wash my car and find the cleaner it is the better lane centering and adaptive twork. You can also turn off adaptive cruise and use old fashioned set your speed if you want.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi All,

Hey, Pibbman! I would like to look into this adaptive cruise control issue you’re experiencing with your Mach-E. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Hi All,

As almost 1st adopters of self driving systems rising into different levels of supposed convenience we are the guinea pigs for this test case and it’s kind of scary remember that a self driving vehicle killed a bicyclist in Phoenix and the woman was watching videos and vehicle could not react properly.

it’s not fully baked yet. It’s a gimmick to maybe use on the interstate when there’s a little traffic around and that’s about it

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag
In my opinion and experience the self driving technology and assist just isn't ready. Don't trust it, don't use it.
I've had the exact opposite experience. Use it all the time. The key for me is understanding it is driver assist and its strengths and weaknesses.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
As almost 1st adopters of self driving systems rising into different levels of supposed convenience we are the guinea pigs for this test case and it’s kind of scary remember that a self driving vehicle killed a bicyclist in Phoenix and the woman was watching videos and vehicle could not react properly.

it’s not fully baked yet. It’s a gimmick to maybe use on the interstate when there’s a little traffic around and that’s about it
Adaptive has been around for a while my 2010 Taurus had it Lane centering is new for ford and most car manufacturers. I think 2018/2019 is when ford first started offering lane centering.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Also don't forget you are allowed to drive the car manually! Try it - you'll feel safer immediately.
Pretty sure I can’t - there’s no clutch pedal ?
Sponsored