benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
When I connected my Android phone to the vehicle (back at the dealer) it connected through the FordPass app. It never went through the normal handshake via Bluetooth. When I remove the phone and reconnect, it simply shows up. I'm thinking that this might be the reason that Android Auto isn't working via bluetooth. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Sounds like Fordpass did the auto setup of bluetooth for you. When you opened your phone did the ford logo pop up and ask you to set it up? That actually takes care of the bluetooth setup so you don't have to do it manually.

That is all it should take to get wireless android auto going. If you go to your phone settings in the car, and then look at the options for your phone. you should see a "Connect Wireless Android Auto" or something along those lines. That will switch it from just bluetooth mode, to wireless AA mode.
Sponsored

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
As an aside, I ordered one of these hooks for my garage, to hold the cable and the connector.
Charger Hook.jpg
It' works quite well

OP
OP
ThomF

ThomF

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer-historian
Country flag
I forgot to mention:

While this is a 2021, it came with two key fobs, and no divider in the frunk. This is on a July 2021 build.

Thom

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4XE, 2017 BMW i3 94wh
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I forgot to mention:

While this is a 2021, it came with two key fobs, and no divider in the frunk. This is on a July 2021 build.

Thom
That sounds right. I think they started melting down the divider to make the second fob ?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I picked up last Friday and my dealer asked that I not let the battery fall below 50% and no higher than 80% for the first 500 miles. Then, reset my ev driving history and he said the mileage would adjust after battery break in. Figure I give this a try. I too and showing lower mileage right now ( 157 mile range on 71% charge)
Thats a new one I haven't heard prior, sounds like a waste of time with little merit. The current battery condition (not charge) and the GOM have no relation either. Also there is a buffer, we do not know how the buffer gets used when the battery condition degrades.

Manual says up to 90% daily charge and avoid frequent DC fast charging, that is the only thing you need to pay addition to.

delacruz.c5d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium eAWD Extended Battery
Occupation
Horrible Golfer that can reboot a computer
Country flag
I picked up my Mustang on Monday. It was originally ordered in April and manufactured in late July, but then held up for apparent chip shortage issues. The dealer provided me with a modest discount because of the delay (I actually had a different one on order that arrived earlier and I allowed it to be sold to someone else--decided that I preferred the silver exterior to white). The dealer also applied the Ford X-plan.

It's a premium, 4WD, ER with black interior.

The photo below shows its first plug-in at a public charging station. Interestingly, this particular station (outside a Kohl department store) doesn't show up on the network, nor on most map sites. It does show up, however, on the PlugShare app. The sign in front of the two available stations says something about getting a card from Kohls at their service desk--something the service folks knew nothing about. I was able to connect through the ChargePoint app. Since this charge point is the nearest to my home, I figured it would be good to get to know it!

Thomz Mach-E.jpg
OMG...I not only ordered the EXACT same car as you, but I also live in the same area as you as well. I hope you are enjoying your car. I will have to make sure to check the plates to make sure I don't get in the wrong car if we at the same local mall at the same time!

I am still waiting on mine that I ordered in April. I just got done with the purchase of the car at the dealer for tax purposes.

Cheers, and have a Happy NYE!

OP
OP
ThomF

ThomF

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer-historian
Country flag
re: I am still waiting on mine that I ordered in April. I just got done with the purchase of the car at the dealer for tax purposes.

Chris: I hope it's coming soon! I assume you've been watching the VIN tracking system. When was yours manufactured? Mine was late July, but it didn't arrive at the dealer until early December. The wait was worth it!

As an aside, I live in Whitefish Bay, WI. Perhaps we'll cross paths with our respective vehicles. Honk if you see me!

delacruz.c5d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium eAWD Extended Battery
Occupation
Horrible Golfer that can reboot a computer
Country flag
I hope it's coming soon! I assume you've been watching the VIN tracking system. When was yours manufactured? Mine was late July, but it didn't arrive at the dealer until early December. The wait was worth it!

As an aside, I live in Whitefish Bay, WI. Perhaps we'll cross paths with our respective vehicles. Honk if you see me!
Yup, I live in the same fair village. It's not too big, so I'm sure we will cross paths at some point.

I ordered mine 4/17. Hit production (FINALLY) on 10/4. Got put on the dreaded double probation chip shortage/rear seat recall hold shortly there after. Build complete on 12/27. "Shipped" 12/31. ETA between 2/4 - 2/10, but we think that might be overly conservative. We shall see.

The only "bad" part of this whole thing (other than the LONG wait), was that today, I traded in my 2006 Mustang GT Convertible that I bought new 15 years ago. Just about cried these last two days cleaning it out, and giving the keys to the dealer. I loved that car...but it's time for someone else to enjoy it. The irony (or maybe it was a sign) was that on the way to the dealer to complete the trade in, a Rapid Red Mach-E drove past me on Lake.

MarleneS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Red Mach E (if it ever gets built)
Occupation
I.T.
Country flag
re: I am still waiting on mine that I ordered in April. I just got done with the purchase of the car at the dealer for tax purposes.

Chris: I hope it's coming soon! I assume you've been watching the VIN tracking system. When was yours manufactured? Mine was late July, but it didn't arrive at the dealer until early December. The wait was worth it!

I picked mine up today! Happy New Years Day to me! The coldest, snowiest day we have had in Colorado. But it handled great and Im super excited. I cant wait to see it clean next. Lol 2021 Premium AWD Ext. Range Rapid Red! (Ordered in April)

20220101_172806.jpg

20220101_172850.jpg

OP
OP
ThomF

ThomF

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer-historian
Country flag
I traded in my 2006 Mustang GT Convertible that I bought new 15 years ago.
My previous Mustang was a '65, purchased used in 1967. After 120,000 miles and another 5 years it was pretty rusted. Cars back then didn't last too many Wisconsin winters, as you know. Mechanically it was still in pretty good shape. It was a great first car.

OP
OP
ThomF

ThomF

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer-historian
Country flag
I picked mine up today! Happy New Years Day to me! The coldest, snowiest day we have had in Colorado. But it handled great and Im super excited. I cant wait to see it clean next. Lol 2021 Premium AWD Ext. Range Rapid Red! (Ordered in April)
Congratulations! It looks beautiful in red!
Sponsored