Richcruz121

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Does your WiFi password contain any backslashes (\) or double quote (") characters? If the password is used as a string literal in the programming that can cause issues. You can try adding an additional backslash escape character in front of those characters when you enter your password, or try changing you WiFi password so it doesn't have those two characters in it. I've had that issue before on certain devices, drove me crazy until I figured it out.
What is the advantage or function of connecting to home network?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
What is the advantage or function of connecting to home network?
Updates for the car came come over WiFi instead of cellular, although no one has proven that's a benefit, or in fact that it then never comes over cellular, always using WiFi.

Aulander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
My MME connects to home network but when it goes in sleep mode after few minutes I check the IPs on the network and it is disconnected. Is there a way to stay always connected to receive available updates?

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I’m waiting for my MME and have Verizon Fios which is a pretty widely used system. This must affect thousands of MMEs. is it really the case that no one with Fios can connect to their MME?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have FIOS and don’t seem to have a problem.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I noticed that when I was having problems trying to connect my MME or my F-150 to either my router or iPhone hotspot that it would never connect.

Then I noticed after entering my password like 14 times that the onscreen keyboard in both cars default to an uppercase character for the first letter you enter. None of my router or iPhone or MiFi passwords start with an uppercase character.

So when entering your password you my have to first de-select the defaulted uppercase key (left side up arrow key) before trying to input your password. Since I figured this out I haven’t had any problems connecting to any network.

Mike

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Having problems connecting to Verizon 5G home network, It sees the SSID but says password not correct. I did notice that the first letter is capped unless I change, I did .. Wonder if it is same issue as Verizon FIOS
Sponsored