Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-e GTpe, 20 Lincoln Corsair,19 Ford T350HD
Occupation
retired IT manager
Country flag
Apparently Consumer Reports' surveyed customers have indicated that the Mustang Mach-E's reliability his improved a bit compared to last year, enough to make it a CR recommended car again. Woo! Its overall rating score is up from 66 to 70 now, putting it in second place for electric SUVs, behind the EV6 and tied with the Ariya.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...on-latest-car-reliability-survey-a9891586663/
I have only needed service once for my 2021 GT pe, that was for the HVBJB. Other than going back at 10,000 miles for tire rotation .. I now have 16,000 miles on it and love how it drives just like a normal ICE vehicle except it has incredible acceleration and inexpensive to charge at home.
Sponsored

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
So then when JD Power says quite the opposite of CR are they wrong?

All of these reviews are subjective. Has Ford improved, yes they have. Over the last 3 years they have fixed a lot of the issues in new builds, but 2021's and 2022's are still on most all "don't buy" lists throughout the Internet.
Seeing as JD Power has not published its reliability ratings for 2023, we will need to wait to see.

Keep in mind that even if there are solutions and the manufacturer fixed problems JD & CR do not revise their ratings. So the poor reliability ratings & do not-buy lists for the 2021 & 2022 model years won't change.

Last edited:

Dude

First Name
Dominic Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E select
Occupation
Sim Pilot
Country flag
I get the frunk thing. I watched the salesman close it and it seemed to take some effort, but it doesn't feel that unnatural to me.

I also have a 2023.5 premium. My boyfriend is 6'-3"/210, and he feels very comfortable.

Regarding the speeding, I have never noticed it on my instrument cluster. I frequently drive with my hands in lazy mode, at 4 and 8 o'clock. Perhaps it's a setting that is turned on in your driver assistance. I also frequently drive at 75 because I have a heavy right foot. Ok, ok, I sometimes drive at 80 mph.

I agree about the drive selector. It's the same feeling when a toilet paper holder is mounted to the wall too far back.

All in all, I have loved every 2,320 miles I've put on my car so far!
Experts at the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) now recommend 9 and 3 — on opposite sides of the wheel halfway up — as the ideal steering wheel hand placement. The 9 and 3 steering wheel hand position maintains good control over the wheel while reducing the risk of injury from the airbag.

stealthytolkien

First Name
Pinak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Last edited:

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I frequently drive with my hands in lazy mode, at 4 and 8 o'clock.
4 and 8 o'clock is lazy mode? I just look at it as easier on my arms mode. In heavy traffic maybe I will go with 3 and 9. 🤔

socalh2oskier

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Almost retired
Country flag
We love the Mach-E too and we're proud of its success! We'd love to hear more about why you love it.
We have owned many wonderful cars, including Lexus, Mercedes, Jaguar, BMW, Range Rover, Subaru and Mazda, to name a few. Our '22 Cyber Orange Mach-E GTPE is one of the best, if not the best, car we have ever owned (so far). Over the course of the past year, and about 4,500 miles, we have had zero problems. Just plug it in once or twice a week at home, and drive. It drives unlike any other car we have owned. It is so smooth and quiet that it is difficult to describe--you have to experience it to understand it. I thought I would hate the touchscreen, but it has performed flawlessly, with little to no delay. I prefer physical knobs and buttons for things like audio, a/c, etc., but the Mach-E does a nice job of putting at least some of the most used functions in easy to get at places. The ride with the magetic adjustable shocks is amazing. Very smooth. Efficiency has been decent. But we don't live in a cold climate, which I am sure must cut range significantly. We use the car mostly on short to medium trips near home and charge only at home. Our overall average efficiency is 3.1 mi./kwh. The one pedal driving is easy to use, and I miss it when I drive our other car (Subaru Outback). My wife absolutely loves the car, both in terms of the way it drives and its looks. She gets positive comments regarding the car nearly every day. The seats (at least in the GTPE) are excellent. The only shortfalls I can think of are (1) turning radius could be better and (2) another 100 miles in range would be nice, but I'm sure that will come with new and improved models over time.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
My 2023.5 premium SR is only a month old with 600 or so miles. The only quality issue I've noticed to date is the frunk. You have to slam the hell out of it to get it to latch securely. The salesman tried telling me that's normal, but I'm not buying it. He shoved it closed so hard with his hands that I was scared to death that he had dented the hood. Slamming it seems like a safer alternative until I get it looked at.

Design-wise, there are a couple of changes I think should be made, easy ones. The warning about exceeding the speed limit should have an audio alert instead of only flashing on the screen. And the location of the speed warning is a problem, too. If you put your hands at 10 and 2, the 2'oclock position blocks seeing the small speed limit box.

So, whenever I call her out for speeding, my spouse replies that she never saw it flashing because her hand blocked the view.

I also think the screen is too close to the storage area below. I cringe as my spouse puts her cell phone in or removes it. I keep waiting for her to hit the bottom of the screen with something. That would be an expensive disaster.

The location for the drive selector seems awkward, too. It's like you're putting your hand and arm in an unnatural position to use it.

How do those of you who are large feel about the seat size? They fit us great because we're both small people, but I can just picture a guy who's 6' 4" and 275 pounds being comfy in one of those seats.
Both our 21 First Edition and 22 GTPE have the same right seal. It's no doubt a result of the quality of the seal and the "one way air/water drains" on the bottom of the Frunk doesn't let it out to swiftly enough.

It's a very tight seal and we don't just drop it from high up but push closed while dropping at the same time and follow through.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Our First Edition had the Glass roof, Windshield recall, (didn't get to it), all other updates/including vastly improved Buttons available on the home screen along with knob integrated to use for seat heat, fan adjustment, temp adjustment and not just Volume as one of the first 2'600 ever made we knew things would come up like they did on each completely New model vehicle we've bought, Honda, Toyota, VW, etc.

Why we bought our second was the way we were treated when issues came up. Ford was there and when they didn't have an answer they didn't try to make one up, they took it to the engineering field team.

You only find out how much you're able to trust a company by how you're treated when things go wrong with their product.

We're both in in incredibly satisfied with our 22 GTPE. (Well besides the 5 second thing:)).

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have only needed service once for my 2021 GT pe, that was for the HVBJB. Other than going back at 10,000 miles for tire rotation .. I now have 16,000 miles on it and love how it drives just like a normal ICE vehicle except it has incredible acceleration and inexpensive to charge at home.
We love how it drives too! The Mach-E is built for thrills with no sacrifices on the beauty!

wkf94025

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350s, F450, 911 Turbo, 911 GT3, M2 Halftrack
Occupation
real estate
Country flag
Overall very pleased with my '22 GTPE. It's going into the dealer for the first time next week for the front axle clunk issue, and I'm confident both sides need to be replaced. The main display has been rebooting a few blocks into each drive in recent months, which is only mildly annoying. I rarely use charging stations anymore, with simple 110v / 20A at home, and a 40A charger at the coast property (off solar and lithium ;-). If the front axle issue is resolved in December, I'm 2 thumbs up.

ReverendPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium, 2018 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I can just picture a guy who's 6' 4" and 275 pounds being comfy in one of those seats.
I have the 6'4" part going on, but I'm only 225lbs. Very comfortable in my MME. I do miss the "driver knee support" that my 2018 Highlander has. But in general, I am really happy with the comfort of the MME!
Sponsored