TowPro

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150, 23 MME
Country flag
A costco near me in Clermont Florida opened a couple months ago and it has a whole line Electrify America DC chargers between the gas station and the store.

StrWhtMME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Electric Focus. 21 MME Prm SR, 23 Maverick
Country flag
Many years ago they had charging ports for the GM EV1. The Costco located in Kennesaw, GA had them, next to the tire departmen.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Costco went into EV charging, then withdrew in 2011. These few locations are either required to build, or someone approached them.

A local credit union wanted to build a new location, up the street from an old one. City said no, we want tall buildings and no drive up banking. Credit union pulled all the drive up banking, and added EV chargers, and city approved.

...will have 22 parking spaces with six electric vehicle-installed spots and four electric vehicle capable spaces

Makes little sense.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
The following convenience store chains are installing chargers (I'm sure there are more):

7 Eleven
Buc-ee's
Circle K
Sheetz
Wawa

Also:

Subway
Getgo in Western Pennsylvania

CarsIMBwife

First Name
Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired Data Analyst
Country flag
I have level 2 chargers with solar here at one Costco in MN
Been there, saw that. Was very jealous. I have a 50 mile drive (one way) to the nearest Costco. Asked for same in Spartanburg SC. Doubt it will happen. Would be nice to get a little power when shopping there.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Been there, saw that. Was very jealous. I have a 50 mile drive (one way) to the nearest Costco. Asked for same in Spartanburg SC. Doubt it will happen. Would be nice to get a little power when shopping there.
Hello there, neighbor.
I asked the Costco folks in Greenville SC if they were interested to installing DCFC at that location. They just finished a major upgrade to their gas pumps.
They said, we are looking into it.
How long, who knows. I guess when Walmart starts installing them at their renovated stores, they may get the message.
Just think about it. You offer Costco customers to DCFC across the country in your locations, who is interested to visit EA or any other charging stations.
Hopefully Costco can see the trees from the forest or vise versa.

OP
OP
Travlcub

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag
Hello there, neighbor.
I asked the Costco folks in Greenville SC if they were interested to installing DCFC at that location. They just finished a major upgrade to their gas pumps.
They said, we are looking into it.
How long, who knows. I guess when Walmart starts installing them at their renovated stores, they may get the message.
Just think about it. You offer Costco customers to DCFC across the country in your locations, who is interested to visit EA or any other charging stations.
Hopefully Costco can see the trees from the forest or vise versa.
Bottom line is where can they maximize their profits

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I've charged at one of these units before and liked them. They have light bars on them to give other drivers a rough idea of your battery level and (presumably) how soon you'll be done.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Bottom line is where can they maximize their profits
Not how Costco evaluates things.

Costco credit card provides 4% cash back on EV charging, so they are warming up to the idea.
They always had that on gas. Added EV fueling last year. Does NOT earn 4% on Ford BlueOval Network charging as it comes through as Ford Motor Company.

sainttail

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Be nice to just add a bunch of free L2 so when I go shopping for 1 to 1 1/2 hours I can get back the electron I used to get to and from Costco. My local Kroger has 2 free Charge Point charger that I used for that.

Maybe have 10 free L2 and 4 paid fast chargers.
Sponsored