DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I've been putting off taking the car in for the recall service for personal reasons, but last week a rock came off a truck I was following and hit my windshield on the passenger side. Within 24 hours a small chip had grown into a foot-long crack. I called the dealer to arrange the recall service and to have the windshield replaced at the same time. This brought up a couple of issues.

First, they told me the glass company they use for the recall service needs several weeks to order a new windshield before they will take me on. OK, that makes sense, I just hope the crack stops growing and does not become dangerous in the meantime.

Second, they said the pano roof recall service requires removing the headliner and they need at least a week in the shop to do this. I reminded them that the recall notice from Ford says a rental vehicle is provided for the length of the service. They informed me that their computer tells them that Ford is only paying for two days rental vehicle. Not what my letter says.

What is correct? @Ford Motor Company can you chime in please?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The panoramic roof does require the headliner to be removed. That doesn't take a week though. Proper removal and proper replacement is less than a day's work combined time.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
And Ford will pay for more than 2 days rental if the dealer asks and they approve.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've been putting off taking the car in for the recall service for personal reasons, but last week a rock came off a truck I was following and hit my windshield on the passenger side. Within 24 hours a small chip had grown into a foot-long crack. I called the dealer to arrange the recall service and to have the windshield replaced at the same time. This brought up a couple of issues.

First, they told me the glass company they use for the recall service needs several weeks to order a new windshield before they will take me on. OK, that makes sense, I just hope the crack stops growing and does not become dangerous in the meantime.

Second, they said the pano roof recall service requires removing the headliner and they need at least a week in the shop to do this. I reminded them that the recall notice from Ford says a rental vehicle is provided for the length of the service. They informed me that their computer tells them that Ford is only paying for two days rental vehicle. Not what my letter says.

What is correct? @Ford Motor Company can you chime in please?
Check this thread for some of our recall experiences with Phoenix area dealers:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/recall-work-phoenix-metro-dealer-experiences.12778/

I had a good experience with San Tan Ford, other than they wanted 7 weeks to get it scheduled... But check with them, since you're just wanting the glass recalls/work done they might be able to do that with very short notice.

Ford pays for the 2 day rental at minimum. If there's a reasonable need to extend the duration, the service advisor should contact Ford to negotiate the extension. A good service advisor should make sure you're taken care of in this regard.
Sponsored