Craziest thing you've done for your Mach-e?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My family takes an annual vacation to drive up from Chicago to Door County, WI. There are a few public chargers up there, but the closest fast charging is Milwaukee, I think, which is still like 3+ hours away from Door County. Looking for rental houses, we were coming up with nothing that had 240v charging available for overnight charging. So, what did we decide to do? Well, we bought a vacation house up there and had a 240v charger installed, so we never have to worry about charging up there again.

We eventually would have bought a place there anyway (probably 5-10 years from now). The Mach-e purchase just kicked us into gear on it. ?

We also had a chance to put our range anxiety to the test (215 miles door to door). Couldn't bring myself to try going all the way without charging. EA DC Fast Charging in Milwaukee with Plug and Charge was awesome and flawless.
20210326_171245.jpg
The craziest thing I've done for my MME?

I've waited 36,695,752 seconds and counting.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
The craziest thing I've done for my MME?

I've waited 36,695,752 seconds and counting.
Nothing is quick in Hawaii. They're probably coding in snail pace for you guys. ?

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Drove it home from the dealership dirty so my own detailer could clean it and ceramic coat it. Even my sales guy said "yeah, don't let the lot guys touch your car, I don't think they've changed one of their cleaning rags in five years." LOL I'll sacrifice my reputation for always driving a clean car over the paint on my new car.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Drove it home from the dealership dirty so my own detailer could clean it and ceramic coat it. Even my sales guy said "yeah, don't let the lot guys touch your car, I don't think they've changed one of their cleaning rags in five years." LOL I'll sacrifice my reputation for always driving a clean car over the paint on my new car.
I did the same. But my gosh it was extremely dirty. Couldn't even see out the windows. Had to clean that at least.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
I did the same. But my gosh it was extremely dirty. Couldn't even see out the windows. Had to clean that at least.
I let them rinse it with clean water and clean the glass without touching any painted surface on the vehicle while the salesperson, finance manager, sales manager, "quality experience director", and I watched. It wasn't awkward for the guys working at all. But, we did have a great conversation about customer expectations during the delivery process and the lack of trust dealers have created over the years with a lack of transparency and "what's *actually required* to buy a car and build a lifelong customer vs what dealers do to try make an extra buck for the short term. LOL

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I also asked them not to wash it and then took it to one of those self-serve diy wash bays at night (since they usually frown on/prohibit hand-washing at those places).

Very glad I did since they just run their cars through an old swirly car wash and would’ve applied a dealer decal.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
I'm getting up at 3am tomorrow to drive 280 miles down to London to collect a cancelled order. 8am tomorrow was the only slot the salesman had free for the handover, and I'm not waiting another day. ? Feels crazy to me!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm getting up at 3am tomorrow to drive 280 miles down to London to collect a cancelled order. 8am tomorrow was the only slot the salesman had free for the handover, and I'm not waiting another day. ? Feels crazy to me!
Good Lord dude, that's on the border with Scotland. A wee bit of a drive I'd say.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Craziest thing for my car: getting it despite the objections of the wife.

So far it's worth it, but she can carry a grudge for a long time....

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Good Lord dude, that's on the border with Scotland. A wee bit of a drive I'd say.
Yes, I'm right on the border. Not much of a drive by US Standards, but fairly dedicated for England!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, I'm right on the border. Not much of a drive by US Standards, but fairly dedicated for England!
I have/had family (Grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins) in Dagenham and Ayr. I've made and been on that drive (as well as by train) many a time. It's still a long drive.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Craziest thing: spending almost $1,000 to install a L2-capable outlet in my garage…. and then barely using it because I subsequently discovered free L2 charging a block away from my office.

Second craziest thing: spending another $1,000 on a two-coat ceramic coating job. Does it help? Yeah, some. Is it the miracle it was made out to be? No, it is not. I still have to scrub bugs off the front. I still have to wipe it down after washing to avoid water spots. Yes, the water beads, but doesn’t all magically drip away.

Not crazy was the PPF I added to the front. Very much worth it.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Craziest thing for my car: getting it despite the objections of the wife.

So far it's worth it, but she can carry a grudge for a long time....
I think Timbop’s wife objections trump anything we can come up with.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think Timbop’s wife objections trump anything we can come up with.
"hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn"* ?

* yeah I know that's not exactly correct, but it applies so sue me
Sponsored