What's been your favorite thing about the Mach-E so far?

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
My favorite things are the push button to open (surprisingly), lift gate kick to open, and the 360 degree camera. The active cruise control unfortunately has been too finicky for me as it'll just randomly cancel so I don't use it that often.
Sponsored

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
With a car coming from nowhere in an intersection and about to smash into the side of my new mach-e, the acceleration to get out of the way in an instant.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Not a feature per se, but what I’ve enjoyed most are its interior and exterior looks. Especially the exterior looks. It is such a unique, charismatic, and well-designed vehicle. I park it in front of the room I WFH from so I can easily see my Mach-E all throughout the day.

I think many others would agree too, this car gets more attention than many high-end cars. Who knows how long it will last, but I don’t know if the average Ferrari gets people pulling over and getting out to look at it, take pictures, etc.

It is with this more than anything else that the Mach-E punches way above its weight. You’d think I had a Lamborghini or something that exotic parked outside with the looks and attention this vehicle has been getting.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'd have to say my favorite feature is what I call "Quiet Performance." My old car was probably about as fast as the Mach-E. But the Mach-E is so quiet doing it.

On my way home tonight, I used an onramp to the freeway where 3 lanes quickly turn into one lane before merging on the freeway. I just floored it and zipped in front of everyone with ease and it was so quiet. It was also so easy -- no quick shifts to get up to speed.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The car is just plain fun to drive. Everyone I’ve taken on a ride so far has been thoroughly impressed. Even my EV hatin buddy is all in now.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I'd have to say my favorite feature is what I call "Quiet Performance." My old car was probably about as fast as the Mach-E. But the Mach-E is so quiet doing it.

On my way home tonight, I used an onramp to the freeway where 3 lanes quickly turn into one lane before merging on the freeway. I just floored it and zipped in front of everyone with ease and it was so quiet. It was also so easy -- no quick shifts to get up to speed.
That's exacting what I am looking forward to experiencing. So quiet, my wife will say: Do you realize you are doing 90?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
That's exacting what I am looking forward to experiencing. So quiet, my wife will say: Do you realize you are doing 90?
YES! It is deceptive in is speed. I, um... I mean, a friend, was accidentally doing 75 in a 35 zone. It was on one of the canyon roads just west of Denver. Luckily, my friend's wife pointed it out to him quickly.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
0-90mph seems to be the concensus.... I'll go with that. ;)

and add the fun of 1-p driving and 'autohold' knowing all that stopping energy is going right back into the batteries.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I’m clearly an outlier on active lane centering. I am not a fan at all. It feels like if I’m moving my hands like I normally would I get the place hands on the wheel warning and it drops out of active lane assist. On the other hand, if I keep applying torque to the wheel, it makes me feel like I’m trying to drive wrong. Once BlueCruise goes active, I’m going to try it, and I believe it won’t bother me, but having to give (an even slightly) incorrect input, just so the car knows I’m there, bothers me on a subconscious level.
To be clear, I am not trying to drive with my hands off the wheel, rather I’m driving the same way I would without the active lane centering, ie hands at 9:30 & 2:30 making smooth inputs to manage the vehicles path in my lane.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
YES! It is deceptive in is speed. I, um... I mean, a friend, was accidentally doing 75 in a 35 zone. It was on one of the canyon roads just west of Denver. Luckily, my friend's wife pointed it out to him quickly.
I kinda want to make the drive over Independence Pass., but the idea of taking a car this heavy around some of those hairpins with this much speed available makes me a bit nervous.
I also wonder what the Mach-E would look like at the brake check station on the way back down Pikes Peak. I mean, with regen and low “gear”, I think it’s possible that they wouldn’t believe their flir, but who knows until someone tries it? ?‍♂

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I kinda want to make the drive over Independence Pass., but the idea of taking a car this heavy around some of those hairpins with this much speed available makes me a bit nervous.
I also wonder what the Mach-E would look like at the brake check station on the way back down Pikes Peak. I mean, with regen and low “gear”, I think it’s possible that they wouldn’t believe their flir, but who knows until someone tries it? ?‍♂
Driving up to the Santa Fe ski area it is definitely a good time. Accelerating out of the corners and handling quite well. The way down took it easy and let the regen braking do its job. I did not have to touch the mechanical brakes once in 15 miles, basically just 1-p regen was enough....

Very interesting that a 30-mile trip up and down the mountain only used a little of my energy since recaptured almost everything on the way down and I was not using any for lights, heat, or A/C. The net consumption was mostly on the 'flat' couple miles from my house to the base of the climb and back. The trip up and down the mountain took very little net energy.

Last edited:

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
We're hoping to do Pikes Peak in June. The visitors center at the top is being rebuilt and opens on June 10th, so probably right after that. I am curious how much regen I can get on the way down.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
as for my favorite thing about my Mach-E so far… it’s gotta be my fuel costs. I am currently at 5008 miles (5000 mile review coming soon) and haven’t paid to charge it yet. Free charging at work is amazing if you have it. ?

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
My only problem with lane-centering cruise is that the car constantly nags me to keep two hands on the wheel, despite the fact that my two hands are ALWAYS on the wheel. I have to constantly let go and re-grip. I know this issue will go away in Q3 but is there anything I can do now?
Sponsored