What's been your favorite thing about the Mach-E so far?

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I'm so impressed with the active cruise control with lane keep assist, it's incredible how well it can drive itself at this point. I guess that Active Drive Assist will add the ability to start and change lanes for me?

Speaking of cruise control anyone know how I can adjust it to keep the same allowance to go a certain amount over the speed limit when the limit changes. For instance if I'm setting it at 52 in a 45, and it changes to a 35 I want the cruise to maintain that plus 7. Currently mine drops down to 35 and I have to bump it back up on the steering wheel.
Sponsored

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm so impressed with the active cruise control with lane keep assist, it's incredible how well it can drive itself at this point. I guess that Active Drive Assist will add the ability to start and change lanes for me?

Speaking of cruise control anyone know how I can adjust it to keep the same allowance to go a certain amount over the speed limit when the limit changes. For instance if I'm setting it at 52 in a 45, and it changes to a 35 I want the cruise to maintain that plus 7. Currently mine drops down to 35 and I have to bump it back up on the steering wheel.
Intelligent Cruise Control? ICC is the lower button I believe.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I guess that Active Drive Assist will add the ability to start and change lanes for me?
No, I don't think auto lane changing will be a feature of the update. AFAIK the main difference is that it will allow you to go handsfree instead of having to keep a little pressure on the wheel. As for the intelligent cruise control, as others mentioned there is a "threshold" setting where you can give it a + or - fudge factor.

To answer the thread title - I agree that the adaptive cruise control combined with auto lane centering is my favorite feature. The second best feature is that I'm not putting 35 pounds of CO2 into the atmosphere driving back and forth to work.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Evidently, you had a better experience with lane keep than I did. It rode too close to the lane marking and suddenly attempted to pull me into the next lane. I deactivated it, but left the adaptive cruise control engaged.

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I finally figured out that my tolerance on adaptive cruise control had been reset somehow but I got it set again.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Evidently, you had a better experience with lane keep than I did. It rode too close to the lane marking and suddenly attempted to pull me into the next lane. I deactivated it, but left the adaptive cruise control engaged.
It does get confused if you get to a split or merge - you have to take control during those cases, but anytime there are clear lines on the road it has been reliable for me. it does occasionally meander close than I would like to the left lane marker, but a little resistance on the wheel is all I needed to get it to keep from straying too far. It does work much better on the highway; on a regular road today it did get confused when the left lane marker ended due to a merge and it tried to send me to the left to stay centered. I guided it right back then, and yes if there was a car in that merge lane and I wasn't paying attention it could have been an issue. Now that I know that can happen on a regular street I will only use it on the highway.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Adaptive Cruise control when needed is awesome. It's just fun to drive.

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I find lane keeping is a little jarring too. But lane centering, which takes over once the cruise is set, is pretty amazing. There is a big difference between the two.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It does get confused if you get to a split or merge - you have to take control during those cases, but anytime there are clear lines on the road it has been reliable for me. it does occasionally meander close than I would like to the left lane marker, but a little resistance on the wheel is all I needed to get it to keep from straying too far. It does work much better on the highway; on a regular road today it did get confused when the left lane marker ended due to a merge and it tried to send me to the left to stay centered. I guided it right back then, and yes if there was a car in that merge lane and I wasn't paying attention it could have been an issue. Now that I know that can happen on a regular street I will only use it on the highway.
Unfortunately, this was on Beltway 8, a toll road and I saw no merge lanes at the spot it occurred.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I find lane keeping is a little jarring too. But lane centering, which takes over once the cruise is set, is pretty amazing. There is a big difference between the two.
Both were engaged when my bad experience occurred.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Another note from having this feature on other Ford vehicles. I've found when I first engage it, it seems to really fight me to get closer to the right lane marker. If I let go, and let it get to that line, it will then re-center itself and be fine after that. It doesn't do it every time, but sometimes it really wants to just hit that line to like re-calibrate or something.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
No, I don't think auto lane changing will be a feature of the update. AFAIK the main difference is that it will allow you to go handsfree instead of having to keep a little pressure on the wheel. As for the intelligent cruise control, as others mentioned there is a "threshold" setting where you can give it a + or - fudge factor.

To answer the thread title - I agree that the adaptive cruise control combined with auto lane centering is my favorite feature. The second best feature is that I'm not putting 35 pounds of CO2 into the atmosphere driving back and forth to work.
I thought it was going to be like SuperCruise? Put in a route, turn it on, and when you get to areas of the route where you could go ā€œhands-freeā€, it would indicate it was ready for hands free?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I thought it was going to be like SuperCruise? Put in a route, turn it on, and when you get to areas of the route where you could go ā€œhands-freeā€, it would indicate it was ready for hands free?
Not yet. Thatā€˜s the $600 update thats supposed to be available in Q3.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The over-the-air update coming in march is NOT the handsfree driving feature. The handsfree driving feature will be a paid-for add-on available later this year (I've heard 3rd quarter).
Sponsored