Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Cayenne 2021 GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Gig ā€˜Em Ags! FTACO 2006

Enjoy your ride!
My GTPE arrived this morning in College Station, Texas and will be picking it up tomorrow.
Quick shot after it rolled off truck.
Can't wait

Ford Mustang Mach-E Current State Of Ford Options? 1635783814949
Just got my Ford Options work sheet.
1.4% and $1,000 rebateā€¦.so all good.
Going with 36 months and 7,500 mi/yr.
Residual value set at 45%ā€¦..

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Did you have any say what the residual value would be; or is that automatically calculated based upon term, allotted mileage and down payment?

koorb

First Name
Brook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Cayenne 2021 GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you have any say what the residual value would be; or is that automatically calculated based upon term, allotted mileage and down payment?
I had no inputā€¦.what are other folks seeing ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Just an FYI that if the rates and incentives don't end up getting extended, those may not be available tomorrow. Unlikely, but possible.

The residual percentage is based on the term and mileage selected and is the same for everyone. Though it would be pretty awesome if you could just set your own. I'd set mine at 100%.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The residual percentage is based on the term and mileage selected and is the same for everyone. Though it would be pretty awesome if you could just set your own. I'd set mine at 100%.
You can sort of do that by selecting whatever mileage you want. Choose 10 miles per year! ;-)

Even though I doubt I will drive that far, I am going with 18,000 miles, because I don't want the value of the car to be under water when the term ends. I may keep the car, or I may turn it back over to Ford Credit.

If the value of the car is less than the remaining principal at the end of the term, you will have to pay Ford Credit to take the car back. I would rather them pay me. It is sort of like getting a tax refund or having to pay taxes because you have too many deductions. I would rather get a refund. Personal preference.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can sort of do that by selecting whatever mileage you want. Choose 10 miles per year! ;-)
7500 miles per year is the minimum you can choose.

If the value of the car is less than the remaining principal at the end of the term, you will have to pay Ford Credit to take the car back. I would rather them pay me. It is sort of like getting a tax refund or having to pay taxes because you have too many deductions. I would rather get a refund. Personal preference.
That's not how it works. If the value of the car is less than the residual, you can still turn it in to Ford Credit and you won't owe anything additional except the disposition fee (if no damage or excess miles). If the car is worth more than the residual, and you turn it in to Ford Credit, they won't pay you the difference. But if that's the case, you can just sell somewhere else or trade it it. If you do that, the selected mileage is irrelevant.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
7500 miles per year is the minimum you can choose.
Yeah, I didn't think you could put 10 miles per year.

If the car is worth more than the residual, and you turn it in to Ford Credit, they won't pay you the difference. But if that's the case, you can just sell somewhere else or trade it it. If you do that, the selected mileage is irrelevant.
I didn't realize this, so it does change things a little. If I put 7500 miles and exceed those miles, then I only have to pay Ford if they take the car back, right? I think I will still keep a high mileage allowance because if I do sell it, it is more likely to be worth more than the balance. And who knows what interest rates are going to be like in four years - they could be crazy high and I would have lost the chance to use other people's money effectively. Likely I will just pay off the balance with cash if interest rates are high and I would rather that payment be smaller.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If I put 7500 miles and exceed those miles, then I only have to pay Ford if they take the car back, right?
Correct. There's no harm in overestimating your miles if you don't turn it in at the end. Your monthly payment will be higher, but your buyout price will be lower. If you overestimate your miles and then turn it in, you're losing money.

And who knows what interest rates are going to be like in four years - they could be crazy high and I would have lost the chance to use other people's money effectively.
When your Options term ends, you can refinance the balloon at the same rate as the initial term for up to 3 more years.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When your Options term ends, you can refinance the balloon at the same rate as the initial term for up to 3 more years.
Wow. OK, I really didn't know that. Thanks for the education!

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Correct. There's no harm in overestimating your miles if you don't turn it in at the end. Your monthly payment will be higher, but your buyout price will be lower. If you overestimate your miles and then turn it in, you're losing money.

I've been wondering about the interest on the balloon being able to stay the same. Can you provide the document or an image that states this info?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Iā€™m planning on going with Ford Options 4 years and 7500 miles/year. 7.5K miles is more than I have averaged in my Fusion, so I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have trouble there. Besides, I am not planning on turning my MME in so the lowest mileage contract makes sense.
Sponsored