First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Just got confirmation today that we were able to get DQDT for the wife’s Mini after weeks of delay. She’s a physics teacher and there’s already a local Tesla with DVDT.
I have to admit that I read DQDT as Dairy Queen over Time. And that may be a reasonable explanation for my waist line, too.
Sponsored

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
That's going to go over most people's heads.

Anyway, many of us that plan to trade our cars in are putting the plates on our current rides with the intention of transferring the registration/tags when we get our MME's. It might be getting a little late to do that for your car depending upon your build date and how backed up the DMV is. I ordered mine at the beginning of October and NJDMV is saying the end of December to get the tags
I plan to get those and put them on my Clarity until then, I found out that if I trade in my Clarity or sell it I will be given those plates at that point, and the office at my dealer said I would be able to put those on immediately when completing the deal. This way there would be no transfer fees.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Arizona requires us to use a dated looking "clouds" plate if we want HOV and parking benefits.

Screenshot_20201116-211939.png
Cops: That car belongs to a felon. Lets pull it over to check.

(Yes...I know its F*** Tesla)

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I plan to get those and put them on my Clarity until then, I found out that if I trade in my Clarity or sell it I will be given those plates at that point, and the office at my dealer said I would be able to put those on immediately when completing the deal. This way there would be no transfer fees.
Really? I've always seen the plate go with the car with no other option in WA but I've never tried to keep a vanity plate either. You can transfer a plate through DOL but given the dance of not having a title or previous registration on the new car to transfer to seems more than our systems can handle. I mean technically you already paid the registration for the year, so you should by rights be able to take the plate with you. DOL is going to get another registration fee from the next owner and are double dipping. But any dealer I've worked with has always indicated the plate and the title go with the car when you sign it over.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Really? I've always seen the plate go with the car with no other option in WA but I've never tried to keep a vanity plate either. You can transfer a plate through DOL but given the dance of not having a title or previous registration on the new car to transfer to seems more than our systems can handle. I mean technically you already paid the registration for the year, so you should by rights be able to take the plate with you. DOL is going to get another registration fee from the next owner and are double dipping. But any dealer I've worked with has always indicated the plate and the title go with the car when you sign it over.
I called the licensing department and they said I can keep my plates when I trade in or sell my car. Carmax said the same thing. I called the dealer and they said that also.

We sold another car a few months ago to a private party, they took the title to the DMV and got new plates, and they gave the old plates back to us. I still have those plates.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I called the licensing department and they said I can keep my plates when I trade in or sell my car. Carmax said the same thing. I called the dealer and they said that also.

We sold another car a few months ago to a private party, they took the title to the DMV and got new plates, and they gave the old plates back to us. I still have those plates.
Good to know.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Her idea not mine. I think part of the fun for her is if you don't get it, well you don't get it.
I had to google it :) I am more educated now

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
CA according to its DMV webpage is not doing special plates due to Covid related disruption. Not sure if it’s similar situation in other states.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
CA according to its DMV webpage is not doing special plates due to Covid related disruption. Not sure if it’s similar situation in other states.
Not in WA. They just take longer.

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I think I'll get one of these because I'm hoping it will be a nice contrast with the infinite blue.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Custom license plate ideas 1606373526946

Alternatively I could go with the less minimalist more matchy Moose.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Custom license plate ideas 1606373943556

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I think I'll get one of these because I'm hoping it will be a nice contrast with the infinite blue.

1606373526946.png

Alternatively I could go with the less minimalist more matchy Moose.
1606373943556.png
those are both pretty plate designs, although the second is a lot prettier in my opinion.