Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I think it would look very cool in Grabber Blue especially with the fact your interior has Grabber Blue stitching.

I've seen the wheels with the LED's at the top for RPM limits but that is a great idea if they could be used for regen. You can have a steering wheel customized in so many ways.
I’d only want those colored parts on your wheel to be blue, alo with the stitching. More than that seems like it would be too loud, and like it would get dirty quickly.
Sponsored

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’d only want those colored parts on your wheel to be blue, alo with the stitching. More than that seems like it would be too loud, and like it would get dirty quickly.
Joe, I meant just the lower section like mine, not the entire wheel. Yeah that would look very cool though

Calledlisag

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 528i, 540i
Occupation
Dir. of Philanthropy
Country flag
Along with some other forum members here, I really liked the pre-production steering wheel that Ford had shown with the space gray interior in their press photos. The steering wheel was trimmed off in space gray on the lower section. Back a few months ago, I contacted Leo over at Exclusive Steering to have him create me such a wheel. I sent him a photo of the Ford pre-production steering wheel and told him I wanted it to look just like that but wanted high quality leather. I also sent them the middle rear seat headrest for color matching the space gray. I had them change the stitching to space gray to match the stitching on the console and door panels. It turned out exactly how I wanted it to and I installed the wheel late last night. Have not driven the car yet but I know I will like the feel of their high quality leather much better than the OEM wheel material.

I bought a new steering wheel from Ford to send to them so I would still be able to drive my car. It was a good thing, as it took them awhile to find a color of leather that matched space gray. Between purchasing a new wheel and customizing it, total cost was $1400. I know that is a lot of money but I wanted the look of that wheel and the feel of glove soft, high quality leather. I am sending them the wheel I took off my car and having it covered in black Alcantara (similar to Miko suede but higher quality) to match the center of the seats on the GTPE with performance gray leather trim at the bottom.

Here is a link to Exclusive Steering and the photos on their website are actually of my finished wheel. https://www.exclusivesteering.com/product/ford-mustang-mach-e-custom-steering-wheel-2021/

IMG_53121900.jpg

IMG_53141900.jpg

IMG_53171900.jpg

IMG_53191900.jpg
looks awesome!

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Along with some other forum members here, I really liked the pre-production steering wheel that Ford had shown with the space gray interior in their press photos. The steering wheel was trimmed off in space gray on the lower section. Back a few months ago, I contacted Leo over at Exclusive Steering to have him create me such a wheel. I sent him a photo of the Ford pre-production steering wheel and told him I wanted it to look just like that but wanted high quality leather. I also sent them the middle rear seat headrest for color matching the space gray. I had them change the stitching to space gray to match the stitching on the console and door panels. It turned out exactly how I wanted it to and I installed the wheel late last night. Have not driven the car yet but I know I will like the feel of their high quality leather much better than the OEM wheel material.

I bought a new steering wheel from Ford to send to them so I would still be able to drive my car. It was a good thing, as it took them awhile to find a color of leather that matched space gray. Between purchasing a new wheel and customizing it, total cost was $1400. I know that is a lot of money but I wanted the look of that wheel and the feel of glove soft, high quality leather. I am sending them the wheel I took off my car and having it covered in black Alcantara (similar to Miko suede but higher quality) to match the center of the seats on the GTPE with performance gray leather trim at the bottom.

Here is a link to Exclusive Steering and the photos on their website are actually of my finished wheel. https://www.exclusivesteering.com/product/ford-mustang-mach-e-custom-steering-wheel-2021/

IMG_53121900.jpg

IMG_53141900.jpg

IMG_53171900.jpg

IMG_53191900.jpg
Amazing.. I like it on the prototype and was very disappointed when they drop it on the release... but cool to see it .. don’t know about the cost tho..

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Active X with light gray Alcantara would be a great option (and still be "vegan.")

my2ndstang

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Extended AWD Mach E
Country flag
Anyone else have an issue with how the steering wheel feels? My wife and I both feel the same way. I wouldn't necessarily say it feels cheap, but it just feels weird. haha

Paddler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium w/Ext. Range Battery, RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

IMG_53121900.jpg

IMG_53141900.jpg

IMG_53171900.jpg

IMG_53191900.jpg
Mark - Did your do the swap of the steering wheel yourself? I just looked at a YouTube of a Ford F-150 wheel removal and it's way beyond me. I'm hoping my local Ford dealer will do this, since it is a Ford Mustang Mach-E wheel. I'm expecting my new BEAUtiful wheel in (hopefully) two weeks.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mark - Did your do the swap of the steering wheel yourself? I just looked at a YouTube of a Ford F-150 wheel removal and it's way beyond me. I'm hoping my local Ford dealer will do this, since it is a Ford Mustang Mach-E wheel. I'm expecting my new BEAUtiful wheel in (hopefully) two weeks.
Yes I replaced the wheel myself. I’ve taken the wheels off several of my cars and trucks and had them upgraded so I’m familiar with it.

Paddler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium w/Ext. Range Battery, RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes I replaced the wheel myself. I’ve taken the wheels off several of my cars and trucks and had them upgraded so I’m familiar with it.
Mark - I had mine done just like yours. Since I'm on the east coast I thought you wouldn't mind me copying yours. I really like it - not only the looks but also the feel. Ended up having my dealer, Richmond Ford, do the swap and their cost was very acceptable. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mark - I had mine done just like yours. Since I'm on the east coast I thought you wouldn't mind me copying yours. I really like it - not only the looks but also the feel. Ended up having my dealer, Richmond Ford, do the swap and their cost was very acceptable. Thanks for the info!
Doug, I could care less if you lived next door! I’ve had many members copy several of my mods and I post them just so they can do so. It’s very cool to customize a car exactly how you like it. All it takes is money. ?

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I realized I had forgotten to post a photo of the steering wheel I had customized awhile back for my GT/PE. In my Premium Mach-E, I had space gray accents added with white stitching to match the space gray interior shown which in the first post of this thread. This wheel, I had gray Alcantara accents with silver stitching to match the gray Miko cloth of the GT/PE interior. Also had the center part of the console armrest covered in gray Alcantara with silver stitching.

I am very use to having an all Alcantara steering wheel as the Focus RS and GT500 both have them. This one I decided to go with part Alcantara and part leather.

NZ7_65083000.jpg

Last edited:

Alexb

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select, 2018 SC Mustang GT pp1
Country flag
Hello there I had a question about this, how did you remove the airbag? to take the steering wheel off

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello there I had a question about this, how did you remove the airbag? to take the steering wheel off
Hi Alex, it can be frustrating to remove the airbag but easy once you’ve done it a few times. First I removed the ground post of the 12 volt battery and let the car sit for about an hour. There is a shroud around the steering wheel column which is in two halves. I pried up the upper half (just snapped in) and that allows me access to the back of the steering wheel. I take a small flat blade screwdriver and unclip one side then turn the wheel 180 unclip the other side. The air bag comes forward then removed the connections.

I’ve had the airbags on and off several times on various Fords and this procedure has been the same for quite a few years.

It is probably easier to show you what I mean about unclipping the airbag from the steering wheel however the issue is I’m out of the country right now and would not be able to send photos until after the 21st. There are a lot of YouTube videos online but many are not the proper procedure for this car.

Last edited:

Alexb

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select, 2018 SC Mustang GT pp1
Country flag
Hi Alex, it’s very easy to remove the airbag. First I removed the ground post of the 12 volt battery and let the car sit for about an hour. There is a shroud around the steering wheel column which is in two halves. I pried up the upper half (just snapped in) and that allows me access to the back of the steering wheel. I take a small flat blade screwdriver and unclip one side then turn the wheel 180 unclip the other side. The air bag comes forward then removed the connections.

I’ve had the airbags on and off several times on various Fords and this procedure has been the same for quite a few years.

It is probably easier to show you what I mean about unclipping the airbag from the steering wheel however the issue is I’m out of the country right now and would not be able to send photos until after the 21st. There are a lot of YouTube videos online but many are not the proper procedure for this car.
Sounds good thanks for the information I'll give it a shot once my steering wheel comes in, should be around May.
Sponsored