Tom Bowden

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi Q5 Prestige
Country flag
When I bought my Escape Titanium in late 2017, the navigation maps were already almost three years out of date. It took another two years before the third-party vendor offered an update. So I drove with woefully out of date maps for years.

There was a version number shown in Sync for the map software. As I recall, it started out as 2015 NA (for North America). Has anyone checked? Does a similar dated version number show up for the maps that the MME is shipping with? Hopefully there are up to date from the start.
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Amazing you can buy a Garmin GPS for $100 with lifetime mapping updates included at no additional charge and the manufacturers keep charging high prices if you can even get one. Not to mention you can use your phone for car play and it’s included in your cellular plan.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I've had issues with the maps being out of date since I bought the car. On the day I purchased the car, the "up-to-date maps" were outdated by about 2 years or so. It would try to get me to go down streets that no longer exist or had been changed to 1-ways, it'd skip newer roads built in the last 2 years that would have saved time (doesn't even show the roads on the map)

Customer service chat first tried to tell me I had to PAY for updates and linked me to the Sync3 Nav update website before I politely reminded her no I don't. Sync 4 comes with 3 years of maps and claims to be "up-to-date"

Got put on hold for a while and she came back and ASSURED me there was an update coming before the end of the year. Well, new year's here and still no update.

At this point I just don't use Ford/Garmin maps and just stick with GoogleMaps- Crazy how a free map service is 100x more up-to-date than Garmin- a nav company that's been around since before Google was even a thought.

(For those that don't know, Sync4 maps are through Garmin. You might catch the Garmin logo pop up occasionally)

OP
OP

Tom Bowden

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi Q5 Prestige
Country flag
I've had issues with the maps being out of date since I bought the car. On the day I purchased the car, the "up-to-date maps" were outdated by about 2 years or so. It would try to get me to go down streets that no longer exist or had been changed to 1-ways, it'd skip newer roads built in the last 2 years that would have saved time (doesn't even show the roads on the map)
So were you able to locate an actual version number of the map software, preferably including a year?

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
So were you able to locate an actual version number of the map software, preferably including a year?
No but I can assure you they're out of date and hasn't had any updates since at LEAST June- if not ever

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Some info is listed in the settings. Touch the toolbox to access the menu options. Maybe there is some useful info in there?

20220116_170925.jpg

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
My car has finally gotten a few (older) OTA updates and I noticed my maps got updates. Not sure if it’s related or not… but they renumbered all the exits on a local highway last summer and now it finally shows correctly for me
Sponsored