JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Also a little concerned about the range. When I picked up the MachE it was fully charged with a range of 220. Now charged to 80% it is only showing 132 mile range. My math says it should be at least 175. I am not sure if that is because I have driving crazy, just having fun with it or because I have also spent time just sitting in it to learn everything with the heat on.
Yes and yes: Especially just sitting there with the heat on. Think about that you're consuming a lot of electricity and going 0mph. It will kill your range fast. Likewise: preconditioning without it plugged in will also kill estimated range--especially the colder it gets.
Sponsored

OP
OP

eponyinIL

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang Coupe; 2021 MachE AWD ER, Rapid Red
Occupation
Director or Human Resources
Country flag
Thanks! I will try that. It gives me hope that it will come back up when I get into more of a routine.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
All of this reinforces that shipping with only one key fob is not acceptable.
Yeah, I don't think this was Ford's best decision, supplying only one FOB. Many folks are gonna want to rightfully use PaaK on an Android phone, and between the million forks of Android + Android Auto, it is bad enough to make FordPass look good. It's gonna take a few OTA to get this right.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yeah, I don't think this was Ford's best decision, supplying only one FOB.
I‘m still holding out hope that this decision was partly because the fob without a frunk button is just temporary, and they’ll surprise us with a second fob when the frunk button is added.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I‘m still holding out hope that this decision was partly because the fob without a frunk button is just temporary, and they’ll surprise us with a second fob when the frunk button is added.
Hope so - but not sure how they will deliver the upgraded fob - I know they can do it via the dealer but just seems like a pain

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP

eponyinIL

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You might. I don't see a place to "reset" in the manual. This video shows you has to set them up though.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Day 2 Successes and Opportunities 6A82B9E8-F269-44BB-932F-227A8B725633
I found it! In vehicle settings there is a vehicle tab. In that tab there is a EV Driving History button that you press and hold to reset. My mileage estimate went from 165 at full charge to 227! Success!!

OP
OP

eponyinIL

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If you do not want to wait for the Ford charger, I highly recommend the ChargePoint Flex. Easy to install and excellent, highly rated charger. Available from Amazon and direct.

Thank you for the observations.
I got the ChargePoint Flex charger installed last night and it made a world of difference! Thank you for the recommendation!! It charged from 80% to 100% in 3.5 hours! Not only that but the MME seemed to hold the charge much better. I drove around town this morning running short errands - probably 10-15 miles and when I got home it still showed a 100% charge. That has never happened. It usually drops to 99 before I leave the driveway. One thing to note is that the charger does need wifi. We have an older home with a detached garage so we have to pull one of our WiFi extenders out in the garage. No big deal, just something to know. Thanks again for the recommendation! Otherwise, I would have been waiting until April!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
OR you order one at less than 0.2% of the price of your MME
programming might be a problem - normally in Ford vehicles you need two existing programmed fobs to do a third without dealer involvement.

plus pretty sure the manuals right now don't have programming instructions which suggests Ford doesn't expect you to be able to do it (my Fusion and the gf's C-Max both tell you how to add a third if you have two working fobs).

Forscan might be able to do it self-service. ?‍♀

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
programming might be a problem - normally in Ford vehicles you need two existing programmed fobs to do a third without dealer involvement.

plus pretty sure the manuals right now don't have programming instructions which suggests Ford doesn't expect you to be able to do it (my Fusion and the gf's C-Max both tell you how to add a third if you have two working fobs).

Forscan might be able to do it self-service. ?‍♀
Will have to check but thought there were programming instructions at least something about a place under the arm rest center console

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Will have to check but thought there were programming instructions at least something about a place under the arm rest center console
Just for programming "my key", which is basically just converting an existing key to "teenager's key" (ie the car limits how fast you can go, etc). For programming a brand new key it says you need the dealer:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Day 2 Successes and Opportunities 1612699082762

It's not overly explicit, but I believe this is referring to a key the car already knows:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Day 2 Successes and Opportunities 1612699248926