John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
i was planning to go in at the end of the year to do it, now what am i supposed to do?

i only have one car and can't easily let it sit in the shop so it wasn't practical to go in just for this...
This is why I just bought the Mongoose Plus and a power supply for about $700 all-in. Sucks, but that plus a $50 FDRS 48-hour pass took me from 2.7.1 nothingness to BlueCruise and YouTube. It took me about 11 hours all-in, but itā€™s done and I have it for the next major updates.
Sponsored

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Alexa can answer your questions.
- Alexa, what's that irregular thumping noise?
- That thumping noise is your heart, Joe.
- Whew, I thought it was my transmission.
Or,
- Alexa, I think I'm having a heart attack!
- Ok, calling roadside assistance.
Alexa, YouTube, etc. are all interesting features/functions etc. to be focusing on, now.
Isn't Ford supposed to be moving Sync to Android Automotive sometime soon?
Seems odd to be focusing on rolling those things out on a platform that is about to be replaced. Then again, maybe them focusing on these things tells us something about the status and expected ETA of that platform change. Maybe it's behind or not coming....

Zassi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
This thread and many like it interest me: Everybody bought the MME with eyes wide open. They should have known about the lack of a fan toggle switch or frunk button. Then there are others who have a completely external locus of control; blaming Ford for their lack of BC, when it is their own unwillingness to visit the dealership. There are those that are unhappy that the battery will only charge to 100% and not 103%. (As if the extra 3% will be the deciding factor when considering a road trip).
My question is simple: Knowing many of these issues, what possessed you to purchase the car and keep it?
For me it was simple maths, here in Finland diesel is about 2.1ā‚¬ per litre and with the amount of driving I have to do we end up in a situation where I get the MME for ā€freeā€ instead of just buying diesel for my old bmw. So in my situation the lack of certain physical buttons is purely an inconvenience.

When talking about the battery, for me atleast the fact that even ā€real lifeā€ testers over sell the capability is a lot more bugging than not getting those extra 3kws to use. What I mean by this is that before I made the purchase I read quite a few reviews and what pushed me over the edge was one Norweigian review which said that the RW SR can go over 200miles in real winter, which atleast for me us pure bs(actually it canā€™t do it even in perfect summer weather). Luckily for me even that isnā€™t a deal breaker because 99% of the time my daily driving end up being about 140miles which it can do even in the worst winter conditions :)
Sponsored