Suggestions for Mach-e OTA improvements...

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
1. Please allow the HVAC 'Recirculaton' icon to be lockable, so it does not reset to Off (fresh air) every time.

2. Put a real hatch release icon on the top of home page!

3. The Tesla 'Green Lite' (cars moving ahead) chime is my favorite thing and the Mach-e owners deserve it.

Devon in Honolulu
Sponsored

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
3. The Tesla 'Green Lite' (cars moving ahead) chime is my favorite thing and the Mach-e owners deserve it.
Firstly can I say I am very jealous you are in Honolulu. Secondly, what is Tesla Green lite?

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you are the first car at a red light. When the light turns green it sets of a chime in the car for you to go. Basically if you are sitting at a light not paying attention its chimes to let you no the light changed to green.

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
Traffic light detection: unlikely. Cameras are not designed to look "that high up". Mach E uses radar in stead of cameras to determine 'what is happening around the car".

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Traffic light detection: unlikely. Cameras are not designed to look "that high up". Mach E uses radar in stead of cameras to determine 'what is happening around the car".
I wouldn’t be TOO sure of that. Remember the camera’s field of view is wide enough to see speed limit signs. I would not prioritize green light chime over more basic fixes though. Like getting the front trunk release enabled.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
When you are the first car at a red light. When the light turns green it sets of a chime in the car for you to go. Basically if you are sitting at a light not paying attention its chimes to let you no the light changed to green.
We have those, except it sounds more like a horn and seems to come from the car behind you...

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
My guess is that's FSD code being leveraged for simple features. There needs to be a bunch of logic behind it. What lane is the car in? Is it a left, straight, right turn green light? If at an angled intersection (30 degrees vs. 90 degrees and lights for two streets both visible), is it the correct light for the road you're on? And so forth. It's not as simple as see red change to green on the camera and chime.

Tesla has had to do a lot of algorithmic work around FSD to get such things right so the car knows when to go or not go. Bluecruise is no where near that level of sophistication to allow for feature bleed in to normal driving scenarios.

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Bluecruise is simply based on MobileEye Q4 solution which doesn't provide enough computation power to do sophisticated real time vision analysis. It can only support the finite list of features which has been pre-trained by MobileEye as a package, hand-free driving is one of them. NIO ES8 uses the same Q4 solution and thus also offers hands-free mapped highway drivings. To get to the level of Tesla, you will need MobileEye Q5 solution at least, which offers substantially higher computing power. The current hardware on Mach E is insufficient to do those fancy features unfortunately.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Suggestions for Mach-e OTA improvements... Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.26.07 PM

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have an OTA suggestion. Release the Q3 OTA so we know what they have already coded then we can start making suggestions for next quarter. :cool:

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is a small request but I wish they would take the weather app out of navigation and make it a tile so it can stay on the screen and adjust real-time to current weather and town you are driving through. Volvo had this and it was nice to see weather always on screen especially on longer road trips. Also add a Spotify app that is not dependent on your phone but an app in the screen you can log in too.

OP
OP
Mach 5e

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
1. Please allow the HVAC 'Recirculaton' icon to be lockable, so it does not reset to Off (fresh air) every time.

2. Put a real hatch release icon on the top of home page!

Devon in Honolulu
Recalls piling up and after a year I’m tired of waiting for Ford to improve the software. Audi GT on order!!!

Ford, do any of the marginal programmers even drive a Mach-e home for testing? Should be mandatory

1.5 years later and more serious issues than actual improvement upgrades? Serious?
I can’t get the windshield or roof resealed because I can’t confirm there is a replacement part on island in case one breaks.
Thermal battery heat bottleneck issue looms and now a quick software something for the battery switch issue? I no longer trust you! You withhold relevant tech details. I specifically need to know IF THE UPDATE will affect my charging in any way?
The list and experience of irritating programming continues

Only car I’ve ever owned; when I turn off ignition circuit, and the passenger exits first, before the driver has opened their door OR BEEN ABLE TO ROLL UP THE WINDOWS the accessory power is terminated. Do Ford programmers even drive a car?

again. I tried. The Mach-e is a great car but I’m tired of waiting for them to update and correct the growing list of issues and have lost faith.

Honolulu

OP
OP
Mach 5e

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
My personal October 2022 follow software follow up as I usually wait weeks and months to vent:

FORD programmers are you out there or too stoned to care? I'm damn sure no one on the team has A Mach-e in real life??????

The last two OTA updates. The first one came with the stupid, unsafe, pulsating, and distracting geometric kaleidoscope shit on the main screen that came and went. Gee, think the Ford lawyers said you must be crazy? All that wasted programming effort could have been put to better use.

Some nice improvements, yes... But the Apple Car Play was more an Apple Improvement...
Now after the 2nd part or corrective OTA update:

I can pick any Ambient Color I want but it is NOW always defaults to ORANGE. Makes me dislike FORD every time I look down and see ORANGE no matter how may times I set it to Blue or Red.

Stereo. WHY do I have to touch multiple real and virtual buttons and bring up the Audio menu to get the damn radio to play again. On/Off button no worky, the little rectangle Audio/Radio button no work, and the steering wheel controls don't restart my music.....So glitchy stupid.

Getting tired of the quirks after 10,000 miles

Honolulu
Sponsored